Why take ESOL Classes at Palm Harbor Community School?
* The curriculum offers lessons and activities in speaking, listening comprehension, reading, writing, and grammar and pronunciation.
* Lessons and activities focus on communication and is student-centered.
* Classroom lessons are enhanced and supported by many software programs in our technology labs.
* The teachers attend specialized training in order to provide a high-quality experience to students at all levels.
* Total group and small group instruction addresses all areas of language proficiency. Curriculum topics include: citizenship, consumerism, health and nutrition, safety, employment and workplace skills, time and money, transportation and travel, and other areas of interest.
* Advanced students in our day classes in Oldsmar have the opportunity to participate in a book club with literary selections which address timely and international issues.
* We provide academic assistance to those students who are interested in becoming United States citizens; we are very proud of the many students we have had in our school who have become citizens!