Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
What is Future Business Leaders of America?
FBLA is the premier organization for students preparing for careers in business or technology. Through FBLA, members gain the competitive edge for career and/or college success. By taking advantage of the many programs FBLA offers, students acquire the skills that set them apart from the average high school student. Members learn through participating in a variety of activities that help them build their skills, while contributing to the improvement of the community in which they live, their school, and their chapter. There are currently over 250,000 members nationwide.
FBLA provides the business leaders of tomorrow with the necessary skills to successfully compete in the job market, pursue postsecondary education, or manage personal skills. Members learn how to lead and participate in group discussions by engaging in practical problem solving and decision-making activities. FBLA members learn the value of competition through directed competitive events
Why Join FBLA-PBL?
- Enhance self-confidence and leadership skills through chapter leadership activities
- Sharpen public speaking skills by leading discussions, presenting workshops, and giving speeches
- Build friendships through chapter team activities and at conferences
- Apply money management techniques by developing chapter and project budgets
- Acquire the skills needed to compete in the job market
- Network with business leaders to increase job prospects and mentoring opportunities
- Participate in conferences and workshops on leadership skills, image, etiquette, time management, goal setting, decision making and career development
- Complete community service activities by working with such organizations as Autism Speaks, and March of Dimes