Back to School Information
Disston Academy is Growing- Disston Academy is growing, we are accepting applications for grades 8-12 for the 2018-19 school year. It is our every intention to provide an opportunity for academic success in a productive and nurturing environment. It is in that light that we provide educational structure, new traditions and encourage parent engagement. Our expectation is that our students exemplify self-motivation, self-discipline, citizenship and academic success. This is a phenomenal opportunity for your student to get back on-track, graduate on-time and build a career pathway for a successful future. If you would like more information feel free to call or come in and complete an application.
Disston Academy will offer Flexible Scheduling for the 2018-19 School Year. Students will have to option to select their school day schedule from the following options:
- Session 1: 7:05 AM- 1:35 PM (School transportation provided)
- Session 2: 8:45 AM- 3:15 PM (Dinner and PSTA Bus Passes available)
- Session 3: 10:30 AM- 5:30 PM beginning in Janaury 2019 (Dinner and PSTA Bus Passes available
Mandatory Parent-Student Orientation for the 2018-19 School Year- All current and potential students of Disston Academy for Progress and Enterprise are required to attend orientation. Families have the opportunity to select the orientation session that best fits your schedule for the following days and times beginning July 31, 2018:
- Tuesday mornings at 9:30 AM at Disston Academy
- Thursday evenings at 6:00 PM at Disston Academy
To register for orientation contact Reginald Rhett at (727)893-1115 Ext. 2133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. At orientation, parents and students will receive the following:
* On-site registration support from the Data Management Technician (DMT) and sign-up for Portal access
* A current graduation check and transcript copy
* Dual-enrollment information for Pinellas Technical College and St. Petersburg College
* Elective course selection information
* Testing information and sign-up for ACT or SAT waivers
* An opportunity to meet the selected staff including the administration team and tour the facilities
School Breakfast and Lunch Updates- Disston Academy for Progress and Enterprise has qualified to participate in the Community School Meal program. This awesome program allows all students at Disston Academy to receive FREE, yes FREE school breakfast and lunch for the entire school year.
Transportation Updates- Disston Academy for Progress and Enterprise will offer arterial transportation to students who live in areas that qualify. Transportation will mail bus assignment information directly to the current mailing address in Portal upon completion of the registration process. Please see Transportation FAQ Updates for general questions about transportation with Pinellas County Schools. If you have further questions, contact the Disston Academy Data Management Technician, Ms. Latavia Dempsey at 727-893-1115 Ext. 2132.
Dress Code Updates- We have made changes to the dress code for the 2018-19 school year. Please review the 2018-19 School Dress Code Expectations
If your student is in need of clothing support please contact Maria Erickson, our Guidance Counselor at 727-893-1115 Ext. 1204 or by email at Ericksonm@pcsb.org. as soon as possiible.
Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions, concerns or observations.