Science Fair Information
Good Afternoon All,
It’s that time of the year again where we get to showcase our science projects.
· Grades K-2 will conduct Class Research Projects
· Grade 3 will conduct Small Group Research Projects
· Grades 4 & 5 will conduct either Small Group (2 to 4 students) or Individual Research Projects.
All projects should be completed by Friday, April 26th. Projects should be on display in the Science Lab by Monday, April 30th. All projects will be scored using the rubric below. The highest scoring projects will be submitted to the District Science Showcase which will occur on Saturday, May 18th and are open to families and staff.
If a project makes it to the District Science Showcase, it will be entered into one of three categories:
· Class Research Projects (grades K-2)
· Group Research Projects (grades 3-5)
· Individual Research Projects (grades 3-5)
Mrs. Kohnle or Ms. Flippen will be the teacher lead for North Shore Elementary's Science Showcase. Below you will find Pinellas County Science Showcase Inquiry Guide and some other documents that will serve as excellent support for your projects. Please let them know if you have any questions.You will be able to purchase Science boards in the Media Center from the PTA for $5.00 while supplies last.