Shadowing Information and Application
Important information for any current 8th grade student interested in the IB program at St. Petersburg High School:
The shadowing tour opportunity provides 8th grade students the chance to learn about the International Baccalaureate program and St. Petersburg High School by observing classrooms within the program, along other possible elective offerings and facilities on campus, with a current IB student at St. Petersburg High School. Following is important information about our shadowing tour program:
- Shadowing tours are only available to 8th grade students.
- The application to tour will be available on the website on Friday, October 30.
- To be eligible to tour, a student must have completed or be enrolled in Algebra 1 Honors.
- All shadows must live in the zone for the following high schools: St. Pete, Boca Ciega, Gibbs, Lakewood or Northeast.
- We will schedule shadows Monday through Thursday beginning November 30, 2020 through the application period.
- All tours will last about one hour, covering two class periods, and will be offered starting a 7:30am and noon on scheduled days.
- Students will tour the school and IB program classes with either a 10th or 11th grade student in the IB program. We cannot honor requests for grade level or friends.
- If you miss your scheduled tour date your name will go to the end of the list of shadow requests. On your application, please note any dates you will be out of school or on a school field trip. If we have these on your application, we will work around them.
- All students participating in the shadowing tour must wear a mask at all times while on campus.
SPHS has a modified dress code and shadows should comply with this dress code.
To begin the process of scheduling a shadowing tour date, please complete the following application.
- Shadow applications are processed on a weekly basis. Please do not submit duplicate requests; doing so will only add extra processing time.