Weekly Message for Parents - September 23, 2019
School – Parent Connection
Weekly Message: Week of 09-23-2019
Meadowlawn Families, this is Ursula Parris, Principal with our September 23rd Weekly Updates
Grade Level Announcements:
· 6th Grade Scholars- Parents please ask to see your scholar’s planner. They should be keeping track of their assignments and homework in them. Please remind your scholar to walk as they move around school. We want to always provide the safest conditions at school, and walking (not running) helps us to achieve that. Locks are still available for purchase. All students should have a school lock and locker. Please inquire at the bookkeeper's office for more information.
· 7th Grade Scholars - Parents, please continue to speak with your scholars about hallway and cafeteria expectations. Scholars are expected to walk while on campus, at all times. Please encourage them to walk straight from one class to another, without congregating in the hallway, creating traffic jams. In the cafeteria, please speak to your scholars about keeping the cafeteria clean and staying in their seats. We have had to make some adjustments to our cafeteria procedures until our scholars can demonstrate mastery of the expectations.
· 8th Grade Scholars - Parents, please continue to speak with your scholars about hallway and cafeteria expectations. Scholars are expected to walk while on campus, at all times. Please encourage them to walk straight from one class to another, without congregating in the hallway, creating traffic jams. Please continue to check your child’s 3 in notebook daily for assignments. Read with you child and ask them “What standard did you focus on today in Language Arts?”
Athletic, Academy, and Club Announcements:
Home Volleyball Game- 9/23/2019- 4:30 PM
Anime Club- Mondays 4:15-5:15 in cafeteria
Drama Club- Tuesdays and Wednesdays 4:15-5:30 in 1-128
Stem and Robotics Academy- Wednesdays 4:15-5:15 in 5-208 and 5-210
· Tutoring will begin at 8:15 AM Monday-Friday. Please drop off scholars promptly at 8:15 in the front of the school so they can be escorted to the tutoring location. Afternoon tutoring begins at 4:15 and ends at 5:15, Monday - Thursday. Please refrain from picking up your scholar before or after 5:15.
Additional Notes for the Week:
· Parents, please follow the traffic flow pattern in the Parent Car Circle. Your child’s safety is priority for us, so please ONLY drop off your child at the curb in the Parent Car Circle. During afternoon dismissal, scholars will be directed to Parent Car Circle for pick up (Pick up at the Main Office entrance will not be permitted). We sincerely thank you for your cooperation ni our attempt to maintain traffic safety during school peak hours.