Weekly Message for Parents - October 14, 2019
School – Parent Connection
Weekly Message: Week of 10-14-2019
Meadowlawn Families, this is Ursula Parris, Principal with our October 14th Weekly Updates
No SCHOOL MONDAY, OCTOBER 14TH (School Resumes Tuesday, October 15th)
Grade Level Announcements:
- 6th Grade Scholars-
- Hearing and vision screening will be coming up in November, please be on the lookout for the dates!
- Please remind your scholars to turn their phones off when the school days starts.
- Don’t forget to check your scholars’ planner daily, this is a great way for you to help your scholar stay organized and keep track of their homework.
- Need a conference with your scholar’s teachers? Call the 6th grade office to schedule. Parent conferences are held on Mondays and Thursdays before school.
- 7th Grade Scholars –
- Parents, please continue to speak to your students about cafeteria and hallway expectations. Please make sure we are walking at all times and that we are putting garbage in the trash cans and not on the floor.
- Need a conference with your scholar’s teachers? Call the 7th grade office to schedule. Parent conferences are held on Mondays and Thursdays before school.
- Reminder that the Report Card Distribution Event will be held on campus on Thursday 10/24/2019 from 6:00-7:30pm.
8th grade Scholars-
- Monday, October 28th (8th Grade Parents/Scholars) – 5:00 PM
- If your child is interested in becoming an Ambassador for Meadowlawn, please have them come see Mrs. Therrien in the 8th grade office.
Athletic, Academy, and Club Announcements:
- There are NO athletic events on campus this week.
- Drama Club- Tuesday's and Wednesday’s 4:15-5:30pm
- Heart and Sole Club- Tuesday's and Thursday’s 4:30-6:00pm
- Female Scholars will participate in the “Girls on the Run 5K Event”. Please see Ms. Metellus, Ms. Casanova, or Ms. Dickey for details
- Tutoring will begin at 8:15 AM Monday-Friday. Please drop off scholars promptly at 8:15 in the front of the school so they can be escorted to the tutoring location. Afternoon tutoring begins at 4:15 and ends at 5:15, Monday - Thursday. Please refrain from picking up your scholar before or after 5:15.
- No School Monday, October 14 2019