Weekly Message for Parents - Novmeber 18, 2019
School – Parent Connection
Weekly Message: Week of 11-18-2019
Meadowlawn Families, this is Ursula Parris, Principal with our November 18th Weekly Updates
Grade Level Announcements:
6th Grade Scholars- We recently had vision and hearing screening for 6th grade scholars, please follow up with the school for the results. Your scholars can earn Lancer Loot and shop in the Lancer Loot store for earning A’s and exhibiting good behavior. Please encourage and support both. Don’t forget to check with your scholars for homework on a daily basis. If it sounds too good to be true, give us a call.
· Our school will be participating in an active assailant drill this week. These trainings are required monthly by state law. I want to assure you that the trainings have been developed in coordination with law enforcement and school psychologists, social workers and counselors. The trainings are age-appropriate and will be conducted under the guidance of your child’s teacher and other caring adults on campus. You can learn more about the specific information that will be shared with your student by visiting www.pcsb.org/safety.
· Ask you scholar about the Thanksgiving Bingo Challenge. The top three classes with the highest participation will receive a pizza party.
· Tutoring will begin at 8:15 AM Monday-Friday. Please drop off scholars promptly at 8:15 in the front of the school so they can be escorted to the tutoring location. Afternoon tutoring begins at 4:15 and ends at 5:15, Monday - Thursday. Please refrain from picking up your scholar before or after 5:15.
· Please do not pick up or drop scholars off at the bus circle or on 16th Street
· Parents – lunch with your child is reserved for Fridays only. Thank you for your cooperation with this.
· Holiday Break- No School November 25th – November 29th . School Resumes December 2nd