About Our School
Perkins is a Countywide Magnet School. Some of the special areas are:Perkins Elementary School Center for the Arts & International Studies
The Center for the Arts & International Studies at Perkins Elementary provides opportunities for students to experience and learn fine and performing arts, challenging academic content, other cultures and foreign language.
Students are exposed to many different learning approaches and art forms during their participation in this program.
School staff, community partnerships, and involved families are an integral part of the magnet program.
Perkins Elementary School is located at the intersection of 18th Avenue South and 22nd Street South in St. Petersburg, Florida. The campus is home to an $11 million facility especially designed for our program.
- A full-sized dance studio with dressing rooms
- Two visual arts studios with kilns, potter's wheels, and a gallery
- A theatre classroom and a theatre for performances
- Four music rooms providing space for general music, a piano lab, band, and strings
- A foreign language area including a kitchen, and an open space for dancing, music, and art, to enhance the study of other cultures
- A Library Information Center with a collection of over 10,000 books, plus audio CDs, videotapes, DVDs, audio-visual kits, and professional materials
- A fully equipped TV studio where students produce the daily morning show
- Our fully networked and Internet-ready classrooms, and the multimedia network give students many opportunities to integrate technology into their studies.