The policy is to hold students accountable for being in their learning environment on time so they can have maximum success in each classroom with bell to bell instruction.
a. This policy applies to all students
b. This policy is tracked by the classroom teacher, student conductor system and the ABC associate
c. This policy is supported by ABC, guidance, social work and MTSS
d. This policy is enforced by Administration
- When the tardy bell rings and a student is in the hallway their classroom is located in they will go to the teacher’s classroom directly and sign in on the tardy log in the teacher’s classroom. The teacher will code this TAR
- When the tardy bell rings and the student is not in the hallway their classroom is located they will go to the nearest student
conductor station. The teacher will be code this XTR.
- By the end of the day teachers will log all tardy in Focus using the following codes:
- TAR – entering the classroom from “in the hallway”
- BTR – Bus tardy when a student enters the class after the final bell rings with a bus pass
- EXT – Excused tardy when a student enters the class after the final bell rings with a pass excusing their lateness
- XTR – Extreme tardy when a student enters your class with a pass from the student conductor system
- If a student is in the hallway but not in the classroom at the late bell they will be disciplined based on individual teacher’s classroom process. However, on their 5th tardy “in the hallway” the grade level office will be notified for additional intervention.
- Students receive the following consequences if issued a tardy from the student conductor system.
- Tardy 1 – Warning
- Tardy 2 – Warning
- Tardy 3 - Lunch detention
- Tardy 4 - Lunch detention
- Tardy 5 - Administrative detention
- Tardy 6 - Administrative detention
- Tardy 7 - 1 Period of ABC
- Tardy 8 - 1 Period of ABC
- Tardy 9 - 1 Day of ABC
- Tardy 10 - 1 Day of ABC
- Tardy 11 - Restorative Consequence
- Tardy 12 - Restorative Consequence
- Tardy 13 - and all other tardy to follow: Administrative Consequence
- At the end of each quarter students will reset their location on the consequence matrix back to the first consequences.
Tardy will only be accumulated within a grading period not cumulatively over the full school year.
Last Updated 9/30/2019