Tarpon Springs High School Veterinary Science Academy
*VSA Volunteer Forms
FVMA CVA Website
Lead Instructor: Kristen Tallarino - firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrator: Vincent Natoli - email@example.com
The mission of the TSHS Veterinary Science Academy is to prepare students for industry positions as a Veterinary Assistant. In addition, curriculum and program pathways can be tailored to meet the academic goals for individual students. Upon completion of this program students will:
· Earn and graduate with a Pinellas County Schools high school diploma.
· Accrue 250+ volunteer hours in a work setting under the supervision of a licensed Veterinarian (D.V.M) or Certified Veterinary Technician (C.V.T).
· Earn an industry certification as a Veterinary Assistant.
Both practical experiences and the veterinary courses offered at TSHS may be eligible for transfer or reciprocity with the Saint Petersburg College’s Veterinary Technician program.
The VSA envisions a small learning community,
- That creates a sense of belonging, where students feel safe and respectful and parents are encouraged to become part of the family.
- That models a comprehensive, modern veterinary facility and maintains clinical standards.
- That develops local partnerships within the animal science industry.
- That promotes human values as well as specific veterinary science occupational values.
- Whose students volunteer for their community in veterinary-related activities.
- Whose students are involved in vocation/occupations and competitions.
Veterinary Assistant 1 - 5
Clinical Textbook for the Veterinary Technician (Mc Curnin)
Small Animal Care and Management (Dean Warren)