Azalea Middle School Modified Dress Code Policy
Goal: All students come to school with neat and clean attire.
· No rips, holes, or cuts in clothing
· Undergarments must not be visible
· Cleavage and midriff must be covered
· No writing, imaging, or large logos
· Stripes, plaid or prints are permissible but solid color (yellow/tan, white, or black) Polo's are preferred
· AMS logos, Cadet Corp uniforms, and AMS athletic team jerseys are allowed
· Shirts must have sleeves (no tanks or spaghetti straps)
· No see through tops regardless of what is worn underneath
· Jackets, sweatshirts or hoodies must be worn with a school appropriate top underneath.
· Other team jerseys and college shirts on Friday only
Pants & Shorts
· Any solid color - jeans are permitted but khaki or black are preferred.
· Fit at the waist
· Mid-thigh or longer
· No form fitting or spandex fabric
· No athletic shorts, sweatpants, “joggers” or “yoga pants” (Black athletic shorts are required for PE class)
Skirts and Dresses
· Stripes, plaid or prints are permissible
· All other requirements apply (appropriate length, fabric, no lettering, etc.)
· No flip-flops, slides or slippers
· Prefer closed toes shoes to promote safety
· May wear sandals with back straps
· No lettering, print or logos. All sweatshirts, sweaters, hoodies, and jackets must be plain, solid color.
· Hats and hoods off inside the building
· Backpacks must be mesh or clear if taken into classrooms or otherwise backpacks stored in locker.
· Bags or purses must be the size of a pencil pouch or smaller
· All electronics including cell phones, headphones and ear buds must be turned off and put away
· All other aspects of the PCSB dress code are in effect (See Code of Student Conduct)