GED and Adult Basic Education
ABE-GED-AAAE @ PTC
Our mission is to prepare students for academic, technical, and personal success.
Our staff strives to inspire and motivate students to become
productive, self-sufficient members of society.
Pinellas Technical College offers GED and Adult Basic Education at both of its campuses, as well as GED Online - and we have an award-winning ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) program on our Clearwater campus.
PTC's adult education programs offer self-paced learning centers with a staff of experienced instructors and the following classes:
- Adult Basic Education (ABE)
- Applied Academics for Adult Education (AAAE) - in class or online
- GED Preparation - in class or GED Online
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) - Clearwater campus, ONLY
- Choose a career from the many programs offered by Pinellas Technical College, OR get your GED. See a guidance counselor for assistance.
- Take the TABE test - make sure to bring a photo ID (required) and dress according to PCSB dress code when you come to test; arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled testing time. For the TABE test schedule and locations, please click here.
- You will receive your test results as soon as you finish testing!
- And individualized plan of study will be created for you, to help you meet your goals - there are both day and evening, self-paced classes that will fit into your busy schedule.
- It's really pretty simple ... all you need to do is get started!
Day and evening classes are available, attendance is flexible, and the curriculum is tailored to fit your needs.
Clearwater St. Petersburg
7:00a - 1:15p, M - F
(Classroom closes daily 11:30a-noon for break)
5:30p - 8:30p, M - Th
7:00a - 12:15p, M - F
4:00p - 7:00p, Tue
The cost per term is $45. Scheduled terms for both campuses are:
- June 1, 2020 - December 18, 2020 (Currently in session)
- January 5, 2021 - May 27, 2021 (Next term)
In addition, a $5 fee for an identification badge will be required of all students, and there may be an additional $5 fee for parking (if applicable).
For more information about our ABE-GED programs, contact the PTC campus of your choice:
727.538.7167 ext 2076 Clearwater campus
Check out the brochure for the program at Clearwater here.
727.893.2500 ext 2563 St. Petersburg campus
Please bear with us as we update our ABE-GED brochures - Thank you for your patience!