General admissions process:
- Meet literacy requirements.
- See counselor to discuss TABE results, additional program requirements, and breakdown of program fees. No appointment necessary.
- Review the Essential Functions form for program of interest. Students must be able to perform all of the essential functions; however, accommodations may be available if accompanied with proper medical documentation. Please see a counselor for further information.
- Complete program interview or shadowing. Some programs have specific days and/or dress codes for shadowing, so please speak with a counselor before coming in.
- Apply for financial aid, if necessary.
- To apply online, visit www.fafsa.gov . The School Codes for PTC are: 005605 (Clearwater campus) and 013917 (St. Petersburg campus). Students can also obtain an application from the Financial Aid office.
- Pell does not cover all expenses; students will have to pay out of pocket for some fees.
- Once notification of eligibility is received (typically 3-5 business days), speak with a financial aid specialist.
- If using an outside funding agency (CareerSourcet, Voc Rehab, etc.), provide all paperwork to the agency.
- Complete the online registration form
- Pay all applicable fees.
- Students must provide two forms of documentation for proof of residency when they register (driver license, state issued ID, voter registration card, vehicle registration, etc.).For additional information on Acceptable Proofs of Residency, click here.
- Students must be at least 16 years of age and not currently enrolled in high school.
- Most of our programs start five times per school year: August, October, January, March/April, and June.
Please speak with a counselor for further information.