Superintendent Michael Grego has implemented a number of forward-thinking initiatives to advance the district’s vision of “100% Student Success.”
During the superintendent’s tenure, Pinellas County Schools launched:
- Bridging the Gap, an initiative created to close the gap between African American students and their peers.
- Elevating Excellence, an initiative to provide high-achieving students and their families a personalized path to college success.
- Pinellas Pathways to Graduation, rigorous and relevant course options that help students successfully complete the requirements for earning a high school diploma and uniquely distinguish themselves as they apply to colleges, universities, and technical schools, or enter the workforce.
- Summer Bridge, an ambitious summer learning program that sets students up for success.
- Family Communication, session includes a presentation by Dr. Grego on key issues facing the district and a question-and-answer session during which time parents can share their concerns.