Pinellas Secondary School
8570 66th St. N
Pinellas Park, FL 33781
Christina Fields, Principal
Pinellas County Schools
Parent’s Right to Know
Date: August 24, 2020
As a parent of a student attending a Title I Pinellas County Public School, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers who instruct your child. Federal law allows you to ask for certain information about your child’s classroom teachers and requires us to give you this information in a timely manner if you ask for it. Specifically, you have the right to ask for the following information about each of your child’s teachers:
- Whether the Florida Department of Education has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
- Whether the Florida Department of Education has decided that the teacher can teach in a classroom without being licensed or qualified under state regulations because of circumstances.
- The teacher’s college of major, and any advanced degrees, if so, the subjects and degrees
- Whether any teachers’ aides or similar paraprofessionals provide services to your child, and if they do, their qualifications.
- Review Principal’s Attestations (in the Principal’s office and LEA office)
In addition, you have the right to be provided information on your child’s level of achievement on the Florida Standard Assessments. This information will be available at your child’s school.
If you would like to receive any of this information, please contact your child’s school at
(727-549-6550). You may call the school between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and ask to speak to Christina Fields, Principal, regarding this request. An appointment will be made for you to come to the school to view this information.