Please visit the Pinellas County School Student Services page for updated information about scholarships, Bright Futures, FAFSA, etc. Site information is updated often!
Florida P.E.O. Scholarship - This scholarship is funded by Florida Chapter of the P.E.O. Sisterhood. Scholarships are awarded for financial assistance for TUITION AND FEES only that are required for enrollment or attendance. Students with Florida Pre-Paid College Fund and Take Stock in Children are NOT eligible as their tuition is already paid. Students with FL Bright Futures scholarships are eligible as are dual enrolled high school students.
- Deadline: January 25, 2019
- Award: The amount granted for each one year scholarship will be determined by the State Committee but will not exceed $2,500. A one-time renewal may be awarded.
- The applicant must be a woman who is a resident of the State of Florida and a U.S.citizen or legal permanent resident of the U.S. or Canada.
- The applicant must be accepted or awaiting acceptance for admission to her first year of full-time post-secondary study at a public or private Florida college or university accredited by the Council on Post-secondary Accreditation or the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Applicant shall be pursuing a course of study leading to an Associate or Bachelor’s degree. Full time study is defined as 24 annual credit hours at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants must meet requirements of scholarship, character, personality, purpose and need. This scholarship is heavily weighted upon financial need. A one-page essay on educational and career plans and an interview are required.
- Applicants must have high scholastic standing as measured by class rank and standardized test scores, plus a minimum unweighted 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- The applicant must be sponsored by a Florida P.E.O. Chapter
- To Apply, contact Gail Van Zanten Gailvz15@gmail.com for information and application materials. Contact person is a member of local P.E.O. Chapter DN.