Club Name: Art Club (K-2 / 3-5)
Meeting Day(s): Every other Thursday
Meeting Time(s): 3:35-4:30
Staff Sponsor(s): Lysbeth Cameron
Maximum Participant size: 20
Grade Level Range: K-2 /3-5
Gender Specification: All Sholars
Scholar Requirements: Must show an interest in art, have excellent participation in Art, and show continuous participation in Art ClubWhy is Art Club Worthwhile?
- Art and the aesthetic process are more important than ever when we think about this generation of children. There are many developmental benefits.
- By participating in art club, young students will be able to develop language and fine motor skills.
- The art making process strengthens problem-solving and critical-thinking skills and allows students to express themselves through inventiveness.
- Art Club can boost cultural awareness, promote a safe environment, increase social/emotional growth through developing social skills/collaboration, and promote self-advocacy.
- Lastly, Art Club can help to improve students academically.
Art Club can help Melrose Elementary reach its goals and be a success factory!
- Studies show that students who participate regularly in the arts are more likely to be recognized for academic achievement.