Summer Driver Education
2021 Summer Driver Education registration starts online in February
Pinellas County Schools will offer driver education camp at nine locations this summer. There will be two sessions at each site that will be open to both public and private school students at a cost of $156.00 per student. The sessions are scheduled from 7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. but may be changed to half day sessions due to social distancing protocols. The camp is open to residents of Pinellas County. High school graduates will not be accepted.
Students will register online starting Feb. 22- 28, 2021. The online application can be accessed on the Pinellas County Schools website. Students will be selected for the Summer Driver’s Education Program through a lottery process. Every student who registers online between 12 a.m., Feb. 22nd and 11:59 p.m., Feb. 28th will have the same chances of being selected. Applications will not be accepted at the school sites. Students will be notified of their placement via email starting March 12th. Students must accept their spot by paying their lab fee for the course by using the link on the confirmation email by the deadline of 11:59 p.m., April 9th . The lab fee of $156.00 is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Students can register online for one session at their school of choice.
(10) Day Sessions: 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
- Session #1- June 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
- Session #2- June 28, 29, 30, July 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Students must be at least 15 years old and must have a learner’s permit or operator’s license when the session begins.
- Two absences result in an automatic withdrawal from the course.
- There is a 40-student maximum per site for each session