Recommend Someone to Become an AVID Tutor
Do you know a reliable student who will be attending a nearby college in the fall that is looking for a part-time job in Pinellas County that pays $14 an hour? Would they be a good fit for working in classrooms with teachers and students? If so, please send him/her the attached flyer and the link at the bottom of this page.
We are currently recruiting quality AVID Tutors for the 2016-17 school year. AVID Elective classes are staffed with highly qualified college-going tutors to work with students during the scheduled tutorial times. We have learned that if a tutor has a connection to the school that they are tutoring in, then the 'tutor/student/teacher' relationship is stronger.
AVID College Tutors are:
- College students who enroll in a minimum of 9 credit hours for the fall and spring semester
- Students who maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Able to work their schedule around the tutorial times which are during the school day (most tutorials occur on Tuesdays and Thursdays so we encourage tutors to plan their college classes around that to the extent possible)
- Strong verbal and written communicators
- Role models and informal mentors to our students
- Willing to attend a mandatory training at the beginning of each semester
- Willing to work in the middle and/or high school(s) assigned (able to select middle or high school and the area of the county, but not necessarily a specific school)
- Able to implement the required AVID Tutorial Methodologies with consistency (training is provided)
- Punctual and responsible for their own transportation
- Required to complete an employment screening which includes a Pinellas County Fingerprinting and Background Check (current cost is $51.25)
If you know a student who meets these qualifications please send them this link: http://bit.ly/pcsbavidtutor
For more information on AVID Tutoring please visit: http://pcsb.org/avidtutors