2023 Summer Driver Education
2023 Summer Driver Education registration starts online in February
Pinellas County Schools will offer driver-education camps at ten locations this summer. There will be two sessions at each site open to both public and private school students at the cost of $175.00 per student. The daily
sessions are scheduled from 7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., but students will be assigned to 3-hour time slots to allow for
a small group of driving instructors. The camp is open to residents of Pinellas County.
Students who graduate in 2023 are not eligible.
Students should register online starting January 25th to February 2nd, 2023. The online application can be
accessed on the Pinellas County Schools website.
Students will be selected for the Summer Driver’s Education Program through a lottery process. Each student who registers online during the registration window will have the same chance of being selected. Applications will not be accepted at the school sites.
Students will be notified of their placement via email starting February 16th. Students must reserve their spot by paying their lab fee for the course by using the link on the notification email by the deadline of 11:59 p.m., March 2nd. The lab fee of $175.00 is NON-REFUNDABLE. Students can register online for one session at their school of choice.
(10) Day Sessions - (Monday – Friday)
• Session #1- June 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
• Session #2- June 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
• Students must be at least 15 years old and must have a learner’s permit or operator’s
license when the session begins.
• Two absences result in an automatic withdrawal from the course.
• There is a 40-student maximum per site for either session 1 or session 2.
Summer School Drivers Education School Site
- Boca Ciega High School
- Clearwater High School
- Countryside High School
Dunedin High School
- East Lake High School
- Lakewood High School
- Northeast High School
- Osceola High School
- Pinellas Park High School
- St. Petersburg High
Important Dates Reminder
January 25- February 2, 2023: Summer Driver’s Education Program application available online at
www.pcsb.org/driversed. The link to the application will not be available until January 25th, 2023.
• February 16, 2023: Students notified via email of selection.
• March 2, 2023: Students must accept their spot by paying the $175.00 fee via link.
• June 5, 2023: First day of Drivers Ed Summer- Session #1
• June 19, 2023: First day of Drivers E Summer- - Session #2