Return to Headlines
Weekly Announcements 2/11 -2/15/19
- This month’s SAC and Senior meetings will be on Monday, February 11th at 7:00 PM.
- There will be a PAWS meeting on Monday, February 11th, after school in the Media Center. We will be having a guest speaker from the Humane Society of Pinellas. Please join us.
- Lacrosse is here!!! I preparation for Lacrosse to be sanctioned next year, our first boy's club game is this Tuesday. February 12th at 6:00 pm on the South field between car circle and the portables. EVERYONE who has shown an interest and has an Osceola lacrosse T-shirt, please wear your shirt on Tuesday to support our team and the growing of this program. Game day is T-shirt day. Come out to watch and support this amazing, fast paced sport.
- The deadline to order yearbooks is March 1st. Go to the school site for the link.
- Seniors: If you have not already requested your updated transcripts with 1st semester grades added then see Ms. Valdes in Guidance. The cost is $2.
- OFHS FBLA Is hosting a March for Babies walk on Friday March 1st here at Osceola. For more information and to join our March for Babies team and participate in the walk register using the link on the school website.
- In honor of Black History Month, the Principal’s Multicultural Advisory Committee will be hosting after-school screenings throughout the month of five films that highlight the lives of black historical figures and illustrate how the black experience has evolved over time. The first film to be shown on Thursday, February 14th is (2016)’s (Loving). In order for your student to participate a signed permission form must be turned in at the door to gain entrance. The permission form can be obtained from Mrs. Reitz in guidance.
- Seniors interested in applying for Prom Court should pick up an application outside room 195 or on the school website. Applications are due February 22, and students may not begin campaigning until approved.
- Please join the Osceola Theatre Arts program for its third annual junior-senior show in the round “Children of a Lesser God” this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7:00pm on the stage. Tickets are $10 and limited to 120 seats per night.
- Parents please help us. Please do NOT drop off or pick up your students in front of the administration building. This area is a fire lane and must be clear for emergency vehicles. Please utilize the north student parking lot (next to the gym) or the south car circle (next to the auditorium.