2023 Summer Driver Education
2023 Summer Driver Education registration starts online in January
Pinellas County Schools will offer a driver's education camp at ten locations this summer. There will be two sessions at each site that are open to both public and private school students at a cost of $175.00 per student. Students will be scheduled for either an AM Session from 7:30am – 10:30am OR a PM Session from 11:00am – 2:00pm to allow for small group driving instruction. The camp is open to residents of Pinellas County. Students who are scheduled to graduate in 2023 are not eligible.
Students should register online starting January 25th to February 2nd, 2023. The online application can be accessed on the Pinellas County Schools website. Students will be selected for the Summer Driver’s Education Program through a lottery process. Each student who registers online during the registration window will have the same chance of being selected. Applications will not be accepted at the school sites. Students will be notified of their selection via email starting February 16th. Students must reserve their spot by paying their lab fee for the course by using the link on the notification email by the deadline of 11:59 p.m., March 2nd. The lab fee of $175.00 is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Students can register online for one session at their school of choice.
(10) Day Sessions - (Monday – Friday)
- Session #1- June 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
- Session #2- June 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
- Students must be at least 15 years old and must have a learner’s permit or operator’s license when the session begins.
- Two absences will result in an automatic withdrawal from the course.
- Proper footwear is required – no sandals or slides.
- There is a 40-student maximum per site for either session 1 or session 2.
Summer School Drivers Education School Sites:
Boca Ciega High School
Clearwater High School
Countryside High School
Important dates reminder
- January 25- February 2, 2023: Summer Driver’s Education Program application available online at www.pcsb.org/driversed. The link to the application will not be available until January 25th, 2023.
- February 16, 2023: Students notified via email of selection.
- March 2, 2023: Students must accept their spot by paying the $175.00 fee via link.
- June 5, 2023: First day of Drivers Ed Summer- Session #1
- June 19, 2023: First day of Drivers Ed Summer- - Session #2