Hurricane Make-Up Days
The Calendar Committee provided a recommendation for the remaining make-up days needed this school year in addition to the previously announced date of Monday, Oct. 16, 2017. The committee recommends Monday, January 8, 2018 and Monday, March 12, 2018 as the additional two dates.
Please mark your calendars and plan for regular school days on:
October 16, 2017
January 8, 2018
March 12, 2018
- There will be no changes to the grading periods or report card dates.
- There will be date adjustments for curriculum guides and cycle assessments. The Executive Directors will communicate those changes to principals.
- The trade-day option originally scheduled for January 8, 2018 will be moved to February 19, 2018.
- The February 19, 2018 Districtwide Training Day will be changed to a Teacher Planning Day with no school-based meetings. There will not be a Districtwide Training Day in the second semester.
- The Support Staff Catalog of Choice Day scheduled for March 12, 2018 will not be held.
The recommended make-up dates will be presented to the School Board at the regular School Board meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2017.
Thank you to the members of the committee for their collaboration in identifying the make-up days. By completing three make-up days, our academic calendar will provide the required instructional time for all students.
Michael A. Grego, Ed.D.