IB Admissions Information for 2019-2020
Target Group 1:
Pre-requisite courses: Algebra 1 Honors (or Algebra 1 credit through the Credit Acceleration Program (CAP)). Must pass the Algebra EOC or equivalent standardized test for Algebra
Test Scores: We will use the highest available Reading and Math scores to qualify students
- 347 on FSA Math in Grade 6
- 352 on FSA Math in Grade 7
- 352 on FSA ELA in Grade 6
- 352 on FSA ELA in Grade 7
Overall Reading and Math stanine of 8 or 9 (or equivalent) on a nationally-normed standardized assessment taken within the last two years.
* REPORT CARD GRADES: Final academic grades of B or higher for core classes (math, science, social studies, English, and world language) in grades 6 & 7
* 8th GRADE SEMESTER GRADES: Semester grades of B or above for core class as listed above.
Target Group 2:
MUST MEET THE REQUIREMENT FOR PRE-REQUISITE COURSES
Students whom do not meet the above testing or academic grades criteria may be placed in TG2 based on a common rubric used to calculate the percentage of criteria the student has demonstrated. At least 10% of the incoming 9th grade class will be selected from TG 2.
How to Apply:
To apply to this program, you will need to live in the north application area, comprised of the high school zones for Countryside, Dunedin, East Lake, Palm Harbor University and Tarpon Springs. Once the application is completed on line, please send a copy of the student’s 6th and 7th grade standardized reading and math test scores and 6th, 7th and 9th grade report card to the IB office at Palm Harbor University High School.
Please visit www.pcsb.org to complete the magnet application.
Important Information for 2018-2019 IB Applicants
Magnet Shadowing October 24, 2018- December 14, 2018
Please call Mrs. Calabrese to schedule an appointment to shadow IB – (727)669-1131 x 2086
- January 9, 2019 - January 18, 2019 - Initial Application period
- January 19, 2019– February 01, 2019 – Application review period
- February 13, 2019 – February 22, 2019 – Acceptance period
- February 25, 2019 – March 1, 2019 – Appeals/Sibling priority
- March 4, 2019 – Applicants called from wait list
- March 18, 2019 – Late Application open
Palm Harbor University High School IB Discovery Night will be Tuesday, November 27, 2018, from 6:00 – 7:30 pm.