Upcoming College Visits
Upcoming College Visits
- Monday, September 16th – Johns Hopkins – 2nd lunch – TA
- Tuesday, September 17th – University of Florida – AFTER SCHOOL – Teacher's Cafeteria
- Wednesday, September 18th – PolyTech – 2nd lunch – Room 1-145
- Thursday, September 19th – MiddleBurry College – AFTER SCHOOL – TA
- Friday, September 20th – University of Chicago – AFTER SCHOOL – 1-145
- Monday, September 23rd – Vanderbilt – 2nd lunch – TA
- Tuesday September 24th – Oglethorpe – 2nd lunch – TA
- Friday, September 27th – Yale – 2nd lunch – Room 1-145
- Tuesday, October 8th – Hollins University – 2nd lunch – courtyard
- Friday, October 11 – FSU – both lunches – Room 1-145
- Friday, October 11 – University of Alabama – both lunches – courtyard
- Monday, October 28th – The Ohio State University – both lunches – room 1-145
SEPTEMBER 17: HARVARD PRINCETON UVA WELLESLEY YALE INFORMATION SESSION
7:00pm, Berkeley Preparatory School, 4811 Kelly Rd, Tampa, FL 33615
Harvard, Princeton, the University of Virginia, Wellesley, and Yale would like to spend some time with you in your own backyard.
You know our names, but find out more at our evening programs this fall. Don’t miss your opportunity to hear admissions officers from all five schools discuss the variety of opportunities one can find at our institutions. Learn about scholarships and our generous need-based financial aid offerings.
We are committed to making education at our schools affordable, accessible, and unforgettable. Please join us.
- Harvard Office of Admissions
- Princeton Office of Admission
- UVA Office of Admission
- Wellesley Office of Admission
- Yale Office of Admission
SEPTEMBER 17: DARTMOUTH INFORMATION SESSION
7:00pm, Tampa Preparatory School, 727 W Cass St, Tampa, FL 33606
Dartmouth Comes to You!
Admissions officers travel worldwide to host information sessions and also travel to hundreds of high schools, meeting with students and guidance counselors. We'd love to meet you!
SEPTEMBER 21: USF ST. PETE OPEN HOUSE
We'd like to invite your students to attend our upcoming Open House event on September 21, 2019. Open House is a great opportunity to get a taste of what it's really like to be a USF St. Petersburg Bull.
What can your students expect at Open House?
Students will get to experience so much more than a typical campus visit, including opportunities to:
- Meet with faculty and staff from their academic area of interest
- Attend breakout sessions on the admissions process, financial aid & scholarships, the first-year experience, residence life and more
- Explore our sunny campus on a student-led tour
Interested students can sign up now to reserve their spot by going to usfsp.edu/events.
Our admissions application is now open!
OCTOBER 3: FINANCIAL AID SEMINAR
6:00-8:00pm, Main Auditorium
The following topics give general ideas of what is covered in greater depth at the Pinellas County Schools Financial Aid Presentation. Viewing these topic links in no way takes the place of the amount and accuracy of the more detailed information provided at the seminars.
• Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program - View website
• Types of Financial Aid - View website
• Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - View website
• Understanding the Student Aid Report (SAR) - View website
• Pinellas Education Foundation Scholarship Catalog - View website
• Scholarship Essays - View website
• Scholarship Searches & Scams - View website
OCTOBER 7: PINELLAS COUNTY COLLEGE AND CAREER FAIR
6:00pm-8:00pm; Countryside High School, 3000 State RD 580, Clearwater
October 21-25: College Application Week
College Application Week is an entire week set aside for counselors, college admission representatives, and volunteers to assist students in filling out college applications, completing their essays, filling out scholarships, completing the Bright Future Application, completing the Pinellas Education Foundation Scholarship Application and any other assistance seniors need with college related issues.
We will meet in the Career Lab in the main administration building Monday – Friday all periods.
NOVEMBER 13: FAFSA COMPLETION EVENT
6:00-8:00pm, Main Administration Building
Remember to bring these items to ensure a successful online FAFSA submission:
- Your Federal Student Aid FSA ID (to obtain your FSA ID go to https://fsaid.ed.gov)
- Student’s/Parent’s 2018 and/or 2017 W-2(s) and Federal Income Tax Forms (1040, 1040A or 1040 EZ)
- 2018 and/or 2017 untaxed income (social security, disability, workman's comp, etc.)
- Driver’s license or state ID
- Social Security number, Alien Registration number, date of birth for student, spouse and/or parents