Week of September 23
Good afternoon TSHS Learning Community,
Here are the announcements and reminders for all students and their families for the week beginning Sept. 23rd.
· Coffee and Conversation with Principal Fatolitis
- Welcome parents, students and community to an informal meeting to ask questions and learn about TSHS academic pathways, focus of study, athletic programs and extra-curricular activities.
- 6:30 p.m. Outback Room
· Common Assessments – District Assessments for Biology, US History, Algebra, Geo
- Testing for the first round of assessments will begin Oct. 1 and the focus of the data is to collect baseline information on how best to proceed with End of Course Exam preparation.
· Future Business Leaders of America – FBLA Club
- Thank you to Mr. Wright, our Business Academy teacher for sponsoring FBLA this year for our students. We are excited to launch the year with upcoming projects.
- Business Academy & Veterinary Academy are looking for volunteers to serve on an Academy Advisory Board. The Boards meet 4x a year and the focus is to support the curriculum with an current perspective with industry leaders. Parents interested in serving on the committee may email Mrs. Fatolitis – email@example.com.
· Cambridge Program
- The TSHS Cambridge Program applied to serve as a Cambridge demonstration school. This opportunity would allow TSHS to showcase our efforts, best practices and lead other schools in the state with implementation. We should receive notice soon regarding the next phase in the application process.
· Big Brothers Big Sisters Partnership with Innisbrook
- For a 2nd year, TSHS is working collaboratively with Big Brothers, Big Sisters and Innisbrook Golf Resort. A group of 10 students have been paired with executives at Innisbrook for job shadowing. It is an excellent experience for our students and we are very thankful for the leadership of our Community and Family Liaison, Mrs. Tyler.
· Leadership Conservatory - Choral Department – Disney’s Candlelight Processional
- Mr. Cheeseman’s choral classes are preparing to submit an audition for the annual Walt Disney World Candlelight Processional at Epcot.
· Leadership Conservatory – Marching Band
- Bands of America Regional Competition in Orlando Oct. 11 - 13
- This year’s show is titled “Revolution”
- Outdoor Music Festival Oct. 19
- Tarpon Springs HS Leadership Conservatory will be hosting their annual music festival. Over 20 bands from the southeast US and Florida will be on campus for this competition. Show starts at 10:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.
· Administrative and Guidance Team – welcome Ms. Richburg!
- 9th Ms. Richburg & Mr. Skelly
- 10th Ms. Jackson Stuart & Mr. Natoli
- 11th Ms. Kamajian & Mrs. Lennox
- 12th Ms. Brown & Mr. Decatur
· Student Parking Lots
- Lots are monitored each day and all student drivers are required to post the school assigned car tag while on campus.
- Morning car circle continues to progress well each morning. Thank you for your support and patience.
- Bike safety and security is important at TSHS. The bike racks have been moved behind the school’s administration building for better monitoring.
· Student Dress Code reminders:
- Strapless tops are not permitted to be worn on campus during the school day, regular hours.
Safety & Security Updates
- Campus perimeter gates are monitored by school personnel every day.
- Classroom doors are locked during the school day as an additional security measure.
- TSHS Safety 101 presentation was shared with all students across campus last week. It is attached for parents to review as well.
Athletic Updates – from the desk of Mr. Natoli: Assistant Principal of Athletics
- Next District game is Friday Sept. 27 against Zephryhills HS. Thank you to our FB Boosters for all their support and to our coaching staff and players!!
- Won the 1st Pinellas County Athletic Conference against Dunedin!
· Cross Country
- Thank you to Coach Lindquist for his leadership with the team and efforts at the PCAC meet.
- TSHS Golf will host the PCAC tournament at Tarpon Golf Club this Tuesday. Tee time is 11:00 a.m. Go Spongers!!
- Senior Michael Karatzis will be playing in the Vinoy Golf Invitational representing TSHS this Thursday Sept. 26.
- Congratulations to the boys and girls swim team for the strong showing at the PCAC swim meet this past weekend at the Long Center. Special congratulations to Amanda Silva for winning the “County Crown” as the fastest 100 meter free-styler within Pinellas County!!!
· Hall of Fame Celebration – Friday, Oct. 25
- Special pregame celebration to induct (6) former TSHS football players into the school’s Athletic Hall of Fame
- 7:00 p.m. ceremony
- 7:30 p.m. kickoff Spongers v. Wesley Chapel
· Start with Hello Week
- Tarpon Springs High School will be participating in The Sandy Hook Promise’s 4th annual Start With Hello Week. Start With Hello Week is a national effort to reduce feelings of social isolation in school and empower students to create a culture of inclusion and connectedness within their school or youth organization so that nobody feels alone. We will be doing a few activities throughout the week that encourage you to reach out to someone you may not have met before, and to help each other feel more like part of our community. It’s an opportunity for every student to change someone else’s life! There will be further information in the announcements to let everyone know what events will occur this week. This goes hand and hand with See Something say something, so students please remember to stand up for what is right.
· Senior Pictures Cady Studios – www.cadystudios.com
- Book a session at their studio. Don’t get left out of the yearbook! Click here to pre-order now and save $10 before picture day!"
· School Pictures for grades 9, 10 and 11
- Sept. 24th @ 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Students will attend the picture session with their classes at an assigned time.
- Students may order pictures using the link below: § Go to this link: https://cadystudios.ephotohost.biz/Register.aspx
- Tarpon High School – Facebook
· Coffee and Conversation with Principal Fatolitis Sept. 25 @ 6:30 p.m.
· 11th Annual Pinellas County College and Career Fair Oct. 7 @ Countryside HS 6:00 p.m.
· College and Career Fair for students Oct 10 @ Tarpon Springs High · Athletic Schedule for Fall Sports - Weekly Schedule Fall Athletics 2019 Flyer.xlsx
· Last day of Quarter 1 – Grading Period Oct. 11
· Report Cards Oct. 25
· Jr. Parent Night *** revised date Nov. 11