Week of November 11
Good morning TSHS Learning Community,
Here are the announcements and reminders for all students and their families for the week Nov. 11.
Happy Veteran’s Day to all students and families. We honor and salute all the TSHS former service men and women.
Celebrating TSHS Staff on this Veteran’s Day:
** Mrs. Hoag, US Air Force * Mr. Mack, US Air Force * Mr. Zsido, US Army**
- National Honor Society
- Induction ceremony – November 12, 2019
- PSAT/NMSQT Test
- Score reports are due for release on or before Dec. 9
- Common Assessments
- Write Score Reading & Writing Assessment will be scheduled soon for all students in grades 9 & 10 English classes
- Dual Enrollment Update
- 4 – TSHS will be hosting a Dual Enrollment Workshop
- Open to any student and family interested in learning about these opportunities
- TSHS Collegiate Program will be introduced. Starting 20/21 school year, all interested and TSHS students who meet the enrollment criteria for Dual Enrollment will have opportunity to earn their Associate in Arts Degree on campus
- Cambridge Program
- 9th grade students interested in applying for the Cambridge program for grade 10 – 12 are encouraged to see Mr. Decatur for information and details before course registration for 20/21 school year.
- Drama Club
- Thank you to Mr. Hite and the Drama Club for a fabulous set of One Act Plays. There were 4 plays in all and all were student inspired and directed.
- Save the date for the Winter Production “Radium Girls” - 6, 7 & 8 2020
- Leadership Conservatory – Choral
- Dinner Show – Thursday, Nov. 14 thru Saturday, Nov. 16 Annual Fundraiser
- Epcot Candlelight Processional – Dec. 3
- JCAA Culinary Arts
- Our students will be working with Chef Doug Bebell from Mystic Fish Restaurant and hosting an event on November 15 @ TSHS Outback Room
- Little Spongers Preschool
- (1) seat remaining for any Little Sponger age 3 to register for our preschool for the 19/20 school year
- Future Plans Career Assessment
- 9th and 10th grade students will be participating in the Future Plans Career Assessments in the next 3 weeks.
- Credit Checks
- Guidance Counselors have been conducting credit checks with students and advising option for credit recovery and grade forgiveness as well as offering tutoring support for current course work.
- Students who arrive to campus after the 7:25 a.m. bell should check in with Mr. Mack downstairs, Front Office for a pass to class.
- Student drivers who arrive on campus after the 7:25 a.m. are expected to check in with Mr. Mack as well in the Front Office for a pass to class.
Safety & Security Updates
- Say Something Anonymous Reporting APP is available for all families to use if there is a pending safety concern to report. *campus safety, student safety, student well-being, bullying, harassment
Athletic Updates – from the desk of Mr. Natoli: Assistant Principal of Athletics
- Congratulations to Amanda Silva for placing 4th in the state for the 100 yd breast stroke.
- Sponger Nation – our parent and student organization. Thank you to all who attended the first meeting. Looking forward to many more ahead and fostering a great network of support for TSHS students
- Jr. Parent Night *** revised date Nov. 11