Week of November 26
Good afternoon TSHS Learning Community,
Here are the announcements and reminders for the week Nov. 25.
Congratulations to TSHS for receiving the 5 Star School Award from the Department of Education – Commissioner’s Community Involvement Council. This award is presented to TSHS for the 18/19 school year for meeting 100% of the evidence in the following 5 categories: Business Partnership, Family Involvement, Volunteerism, Student Community Service and School Advisory Council. The attached power point highlights our application.
Congratulations to the TSHS Academic Team under the leadership of Mr. Armstrong for placing 1st in last week’s meet defeating – Dunedin HS, St. Petersburg HS and East Lake HS. TSHS is tied for 3rd place within the District. Go Spongers!!!
· Alex Theophilopoulos
· Madeleine McCreary
· Arielle Zsido
· Nick Steffan
· Jackson Gilliland
· Austin Packham
· CJ Moynihan
· Maya Dunn
· Drew Theophilopoulos
· Ellie McCreary
Thank you to the The Karvokiros Family for their generous and thoughtful donation of rock imported from Kalymnos, Greece for the new sponger helmet pedestal on Sponger Field.
· Mid-Quarter Progress Reports
- Mid quarter progress reports were distributed on Nov. 20 during 4th period
- Grades are updated in Focus
- Midterm exam week is scheduled for Dec. 16 – 20.
· Dual Enrollment
- Dec. 4 –Dual Enrollment Workshop
- Cafeteria @ 6:00 p.m.
- Agenda highlights – Hannah Graziano from PCS Advanced Studies Office will be joining us for the presentation.
- Benefits of Dual Enrollment
- St. Petersburg College, University of Florida and the new for 19/20 school year - TSHS Collegiate programs will be discussed
- Question & answer session will also be available... students and families are welcome & please bring any questions you may have about DE
· Registration 20/21 School Year
- Course registration for the 20/21 school year important dates
- January 8 – all course registration materials will be distributed to students and emailed to parents for review & discussion.
- In class registration
- January 13 - 30
- Administrators and Guidance Counselor Mrs. Jackson-Stuart will be registering over a 2-week period in students’ elective classes.
- TSHS staff conducted a school wide presentation on mental health for students on Thursday, Nov. 21st
- Commitment to Character – December theme is Kindness
- Daily announcements and reminders will include this theme
- Weekly scenarios called – Dinner Dilemmas will be included in the Principal Newsletters
Safety & Security Updates
- Say Something Anonymous Reporting APP is available for all families to use if there is a pending safety concern to report.
- Students are encouraged to report *campus safety, student safety, student well-being, bullying, harassment situations
Athletic Updates – from the desk of Mr. Natoli: Assistant Principal of Athletics
Winter Sports as of 11/25/19
Athletic Paperwork: Please remember that if your student plans on participating in any type of athletics this year they will need to submit their athletic paperwork online. Please see our school website under the athletics tab for directions or please stop by the school front office for a copy of the directions to upload their information. Without the proper athletic paperwork on file your student will not be able to participate in athletics. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Coach Ranze or myself for help.
Winter Athletic Schedule – please join us and support our student athletes, coaches and booster clubs!!
· Please be sure to follow TSHS on Facebook … Tarpon Springs High
- Thank you for your input regarding our website. We are in the process of making upgrades to better serve our families. The focus of the efforts will focus on the
school calendar on the website. This will best keep all families involve and up to date with all what’s going on at TSHS.
Nov. 25 to Nov. 29 School closed for Thanksgiving Holidays
Dec. 2 – 13 Last 2 weeks of regular schedule classes for semester 1
Dec. 4 Dual Enrollment Informational Parent Night @ 6:00 p.m. Cafeteria
Dec. 16 – 20 Exam week
Dec. 23 to Jan. 3 School closed for Winter Holidays
Jan. 6 Teacher Planning Day
Jan. 7 School resumes with a brief homeroom period to start the day