It is important that you follow your schedule in Focus and NOT what it says in Canvas. If in Focus you are scheduled for English 1 first period, then you click on your English 1 class in Canvas during first period, not at any other time. If you are scheduled in Biology Honors second period in Focus, then you click on your Biology Honors class during second period even if it says first period (or any other period).
Please make sure you are completing the Canvas tutorials. This will save you so much heartache!
Please follow these steps if you are having issues logging on to Canvas please follow these steps before reaching out to teachers. If you have done all these steps, please contact the district help desk and give them as much information you can.
Canvas is easy to use, but will work a lot better in certain situations than in others. So, for those who need to know or encounter problems accessing/working in Canvas, please visit the Canvas Technical Requirments website.
- Key Troubleshooting Questions:
- Can you login to Clever successfully?
If the student cannot login successfully to Clever, they should reset their password. For more information please visit www.pcsb.org/passwords
- What internet browser are you using?
Google Chrome is the preferred browser for using Clever and most of the applications found there. Some resources are not fully supported using other internet browsers.
- Have you cleared your browsing history?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the vertical breadcrumbs.
- Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range.
- To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Close your browser completly, then reopen to try again.
- If the issue remains unresolved...
Share the following information with your child's teacher:
- A description of the issue, including a screenshot or what your child is seeing on their device.
- Information about the device that is being used.
- If needed, Parents can reach out to PCS Tech Help at 588-6060.