Week of September 20, 2021
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 20th
Happy Sunday, Bear Creek Families,
At your leisure, please see calendar of events for the month of September.
Calendar of Events
09/15-10/15 – National Hispanic Month
09/21 – International Day of Peace
09/21 – PTA Meeting (first of the school year) @ 6PM in the media center
09/21 – SAC Meeting (first of the school year) immediately following PTA
09/30 – Title I Annual Meeting & Open House (Virtual). Please click here to see the attached flyer.
10/01 – Jeans Day
10/07 – Last day of 1st grading period.
10/08 – No School for Students.
School Updates and Reminders
- PTA - Come one come all to our 1st PTA Meeting of the 2021/2022 school year. We will meet in the media center at 6:00 on Tuesday, September 21st. During our first meeting we will discuss what PTA is and does for Bear Creek. We will also discuss how to officially join PTA and what events we are hoping to roll out this school year. Thank you in advance, Mrs. Nicole Sackett (PTA President).
- IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE - Annual Open House has been rescheduled for Thursday, September 30th. This year’s event will be virtual. Please be on the lookout for additional information. Thank you for your understanding.
September is Attendance Awareness Month
School to Family Communication
In an effort to reduce the use of paper, we will continue use electronic forms of communication with families. This year you can keep up with Bear Creek in the
- The Bear Creek website will be our primary source of communication at https://www.pcsb.org/bearcreek-es. All weekly communication updates will be posted on our website by 6pm Sunday.
- Classdojo will be used primarily for school-wide reminders and daily communication between parents and instructional staff.
- School Messenger will be used to remind families or previously communicated information shared on the Bear Creek website.
- Student agendas
Campus Expectations and Updates for the 2021-22 school year
Early Release Pick-ups
Please note that 2pm is the cut off time for early pickup. Prior approval from administration is required for all early release pick-ups after 2pm.
Whether students are car riders, bus riders, walk, or bike to school; please consider the following:
- Student attendance is important and being on time matters.
- Our student hours are 8:45am-2:55pm.
- Our front office hours are 8:15am-3:55pm.
- Students are not permitted on campus until 8:00am (unless enrolled in the YMCA).
- All students must adhere to the Bear Creek expectations and all students are required to wear a uniform.
- Collared solid color in navy, light blue or white (no designs or patterns)
- Bear Creek Spirit t-shirts – can be worn on any day of the week. Shirts should always be tucked.
- Khaki or navy shorts, slacks, skirts, shorts, capris, or jumpers
- No jeans, sweatpants, cargo pants or baggy clothing
- Pants must be worn at waistline. If not, a belt must be worn.
- Safe and appropriate footwear must always be worn. Inappropriate footwear includes, but is not limited to – Crocs, backless shoes, sandals, roller skates, and bedroom slippers.
- Winter Wear
- Solid color sweatshirts, sweaters, and jackets in navy, light blue or white
- No printing or designs allowed on outerwear
- Hoods/hats may not be worn inside the classroom
- Car riders must be dropped off in the car circle only.
- All students must use the single point of entry (car circle) to gain access to our campus.
- As in the previous years, all students arriving before 8:30am must report directly to the cafeteria.
- Breakfast is free to all students and served in the classroom until 8:45am.
- Students arriving after 8:45am are considered tardy.
To ensure the health and safety of students coming to the building, your assistance is needed with following:
- Cleaning and sanitizing your student’s water bottle daily. Please note that this is one of the suggested items on the student supply list. Disposable cups will be provided to students without a reusable water bottle.
Bear Creek is looking forward to another great school year!
~Believe in the IMpossible by Embracing a WINNING Attitude~