Message to Parents
We are looking forward to continuing instruction with our new digital platform. I know that this can be a stressful time for our Forest Lakes families, please rest assured we are doing all that we can to support parents and students with this transition. This week (March 23-27) is designed for academic enrichment and to familiarize yourself with the online resources. Beginning March 30th, formal online instruction will begin with all teachers. Please see the following information to get you started.
Digital Learning for Students
To provide support for families without devices at home, we will begin distributing laptops and tablets for students in need during the following times:
- Tuesday, March 24th from 12:00pm to 3:00pm
- Wednesday, March 25th from 9:00am to 11:00am
- Wednesday, March 25th from 12:00pm to 3:00pm
Technology Distribution Process:
- Please bring your own pen or pencil
- Please use the bus entrance (entrance that leads to the front office)
- Be prepared to complete a “Technology Equipment and Responsibility Form”
- In order to activate district devices, you must initially log in to our network at a PCS school (R2D2 and password is needed)
- After receiving your device, you have the option to pull into our parking lot and use our wifi hotspot to activate the device (PCS hotspot is available 24/7)
- Staff will be on hand to assist you as needed
Thanks to Spectrum, free WiFi is available to our students. To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395. All installation fees will be waived for new student households. WiFi hotspots across Spectrum’s footprint will also be available for public use.
This week, March 23-27, students and families can access grade level, academic enrichment activities and get to know the digital platforms that are available through our Digital Learning Students and Families webpage. A link to these activities is now available on our school’s website. This week our teachers are working collaboratively to prepare for digital instruction on our Microsoft Teams platform. This will, no doubt, be a shift for everyone. We are working with our teachers to plan for and provide the best possible experience for all students in all grade levels.
Beginning March 30th, teachers will be accessible online from 9:00am-11:30am and 1:00pm-3:30pm.
To prepare, students and families can:
- Review the Digital Learning Students and Families webpage and resources (https://www.pcsb.org/Page/32734)
- Ensure you know your student’s R2D2 number and password so they can log-in to digital learning environments.
- If you or your student do not know their R2D2 number, please use the information on the attached document or contact our Digital Learning Helpline at 727-588-6060 which will be open starting on March 23.
Information and resources are available on the district website which is updated on a regular basis at www.pcsb.org/coronavirus.
I know the transition to digital learning may not be easy and that there will be new questions and challenges that arise. We will work together, with care and compassion, to support our students and community through this difficult time. Pinellas County Schools remains committed to providing a high-quality education to our students. We appreciate your continued patience and support.
Forest Lakes Elementary