Important Attendance Information
IMPORTANT ATTENDANCE REMINDERS!
REGULAR ATTENDANCE IS ONE OF THE SINGLE GREATEST PREDICTOR OF ACADEMIC SUCCESS FOR YOUR CHILD AND OUR SCHOOL DISTRICT’S TOP PRIORITY
* Your child is expected to be present in school every day and all day-bell to bell
* If your child misses even one day of school, it is your responsibility to contact the teacher/school by note, email, planner, school online attendance reporting tool on the Bardmoor website, or a phone call to let us know that the child will be absent and the reason for their absence.
* EXCUSED absences include: your child being sick, injury, death in the immediate family, communicable disease, or a School District approved religious holiday.
* UNEXCUSED absences include: family trips, oversleeping, shopping, personal appointments
* If your child is TARDY you must walk them in and provide a reason as to why they are tardy. Remember every 3 tardy days is equal to 1 absence. These add up quickly.
* If your child has a medical appointment and you need to take them out of school early, you must notify the school. If your child is going to be released early more than 3 times, you must contact our Administration and provide documentation for the reason. Every 3 EARLY RELEASES is equal to I absence.
* If your child misses more that 10% of days in any given month, they will be referred to the school’s attendance review team and monitored for the year. Consistent unexcused truancy will result in a referral to the Truancy Court and result in State Attorney Involvement for parents /guardians
* Did you know that missing just 10 minutes of instruction will result in your child missing: important announcements, direct instruction time, independent reading, and interrupts the flow of learning for the entire classroom? In addition frequent absences, tardiness, and early releases send a message to your child about the importance of school.
* We all want our children to be successful in life and that starts by being successful in school. Providing a consistent education is one of the most important ways that you parent your child. Research overwhelmingly indicates that consistent attendance is directly related to success in school.
We would love to problem solve with you around issues that might be leading to frequent absences. Join us in our mission to help your child be as successful as possible!