2022-2023 Little Ospreys Fast Facts
Mark your calendars:
- Little Ospreys (PPK, PreK blended/ASD, VPK) & KG Back to School Parent Information Night:
August 8th at 6 PM
In the classrooms facilitated by the classroom teachers.
- Little Ospreys Meet & Greet the Teacher: August 9th 8:30-9:30 AM
- Our first day of school will be on Wednesday, August 10th
- The Meet & Greet is a time for the students to visit their classrooms, meet their teacher(s), and drop off any school supplies. This is not a time for conferences. The teachers and staff will be very busy preparing for the opening of school, so we ask all parents to adhere to our Meet & Greet times. Classrooms will not be open for visitations before 8:30 AM or after 9:30 AM.
- Little Ospreys (PPK, PreK blended/ASD, VPK) & Kindergarten Parent Orientation and all Back to School Nights are informational events for parents. We love our Little Osprey scholars, however for Parent Orientation and Back to School Night, due to high parent attendance, we cannot accommodate children.
- PPK, Blended PreK and ASD PreK hours: 8:25 AM -2:30 PM
- VPK hours: 8:45 AM -2:45 PM
- VPK options include morning or full day. If your child is attending only morning, they will be at school for 3 hours. See or call Mrs. Kelly (DMT) for details. Call 727-724-1589 and ask to speak to Mrs. Kelly.
- Important information, updates and school supply lists are located on school and PTA webpages:
Facebook direct link https://www.facebook.com/OEPTA/
Instagram direct link https://instagram.com/ozonapta?igshid=1w2oibufjjts8
- School supplies: suggested items can be found on the webpages listed above.
- PreK teachers may have additional supplies requested at Back to School Night per classroom.
- All students eat breakfast in the classroom.
- Meal plans: Breakfast is free. There is a charge for lunch. You can apply for free or reduced priced lunch on the district webpage.
- Please be sure your child knows how he/she will be getting home from school each day! Start on day 1 the same way he/she will be going home every day. If your child is a bus rider, have him/her ride the bus. This prevents confusion later.
- Car circle procedures:
- Use the Little Ospreys entrance off Pennsylvania Avenue. We have faculty/staff to unload cars along the entire sidewalk in front. Please stay in your car.
- Do not block Pennsylvania Avenue or the sidewalk while waiting in the carline. Once the line goes past the parking lot, cars should wait in the driveway in front of the original school building.
- For dismissal, make sure you have a car tag with child’s first and last name visible in the front windshield. These will be provided at the Meet & Greet. Again, please stay in your car.
- PPK, ASD PreK and Blended VPK Arrival: You may drop your children off between 8:25-8:35 AM.
- VPK Arrival: You may drop your children off between 8:45-8:55 AM.
- Anyone arriving after your designated arrival block time will need to park, walk your child up to the gate and call the front office at (727)724-1589. The office will then call into your classroom to send a teacher out to accept your child.
- PPK, ASD PreK and Blended VPK Dismissal: Teachers will be loading students into their cars starting at 2:30pm-2:40pm.
- VPK Dismissal: Teachers will be loading students into their cars starting at 2:45 PM-2:55 PM. After 2:55, children will be taken to the front office on the main campus. If you arrive late to dismissal, you will have to check your child out from the front office. You will need to have a Government Issued Picture ID available.
Please be courteous of the times as there are two separate arrivals and dismissals, and your child’s teachers will only be at the carline during their designated times.
- There is a second car line in the bus circle (entry off of Pennsylvania Avenue) for siblings of PreK students.
- The procedures for Pennsylvania Avenue Dismissal: You will not be permitted to enter the campus until all vans and buses have been loaded and driven away. Please note 15 mph school zone. In the event that you arrive and our buses and vans are still present, you will need to wait in the church parking lot next to our school. Parking on the side of the road is not allowed. We will call you in when we open the driveway. All the siblings of our Ozona Little Ospreys, 3rd, 4th & 5th graders (without younger siblings) are staged outside the Multipurpose room.
Please consider making a right hand turn onto Tampa Road as you exit the parking lot. This will help keep the traffic moving to get all of our students home quickly and safely.
- YMCA is available for before & after care. (6:30 AM-6:00 PM) Located in the Little Ospreys multipurpose room.
Registration & information at www.suncoastymca.org.
There is a 72 hour turnaround for registration and there may be a waitlist. You must register prior to the start of school. You will not be able to register the first week of school.
- Please be sure you have a parent username & password to access Focus. You will need this throughout your child’s educational journey. Our DMT, Mrs. Kelly, can assist with this. (Email: email@example.com). You will need to come into the front office with a valid driver’s license/photo ID.
- Teacher Assignment: Can be found on Focus. Please note assignments are subject to change per district & state mandates.
- If your child will need to have prescription or over the counter (OTC) medication during school hours, it is important for you to visit the front office prior to school starting. Both prescription and OTC medications require additional paperwork to be completed by the parent and/or doctor. Prescription medication may ONLY be brought in by the parent and must be in the original prescription bottle.
- Please join PTA or renew your PTA membership:
- $8 for an individual membership
- We also have business sponsorship options available.
- Link for membership: https://bit.ly/OzonaMembership
- Chick-Fil-A of Palm Harbor offered a free kids meal voucher for every PTA member that joins this year!
- Memberships can be secured online, or in person cash/check made payable to Ozona PTA.
- Show your school spirit: Purchase your Ozona Osprey magnet separately for $5.00 on Memberhub.
- Join us for our first PTA meeting on August 18th at 6:30 PM. Meeting location: Media Center. Mark your calendars!
- Do you shop on Amazon? Are you using the free Amazon Smile app or website when you do? It's free and easy and an easy way to give back to our school just by using Amazon Smile. Please consider choosing Ozona Elementary PTA as your charity of choice. Thank you for your support!
- Living the Ozona Life! Upcoming PTA sponsored events
- Back to School Playdate: Friday, August 5th 9 AM at Pop Stansell Park! A simple & fun gathering to meet new and current friends!
- Boo Hoo/Yahoo Breakfast for our preschool and Kindergarten parents on the first day of school Wednesday, Aug. 10th in the media center. Come and meet other new parents and celebrate what a great year this will be for your child!
- Pinellas County Schools is launching a process to help families get ready for the school year The district has consolidated all Back-to-School forms, so parents can fill them out in one place - online. Parents can log into Focus at focus.pcsb.org and complete their Back-to-School Forms packet. They will be prompted to fill out the forms as soon as they log onto Focus. Forms are also available at www.pcsb.org/backtoschoolforms. Please note: Parents must be linked to their student to use the new Focus forms. If they need help with forms, they can contact their child’s school. If they need technical support, ask them to contact the PCS Helpdesk at 727-588-6060.
- Visit the Pinellas County Schools online Back-to-School Guide. Parents will find a link to our online Back-to-School Guide on the home page of our PCS website. The guide includes the student calendar, report card schedules, information about school meals and Back-to-School clinics, and more. The page can also be accessed at www.pcsb.org/backtoschool.