Fast Facts for Parents 2019-2020
Ozona Elementary Fast Facts for Parents 2019-2020
- Our first day of school will be on Wednesday, August 14th at 8:45 AM.
- Important information, updates and school supply lists are located on school webpage:
- A Meet & Greet will be held on Tuesday, August 13th from 7:45 AM-9:00 AM. This is a time for all of our students to visit their classrooms, meet the teacher, drop off any school supplies, or ask any questions. The teachers and staff will be very busy preparing for the opening of school so we ask all parents to adhere to our Meet & Greet times. Classrooms will not be open for visitations before 7:45 AM or after 9:00 AM.
- Parents are welcome to escort students to class Wednesday, August 14th-Friday, August 16th. For safety purposes, we will do this for the first three days only; then we will maintain a secure campus for the remainder of the school year.
- Please be sure your child knows how he/she will be getting home from school each day!! Start this way of work day 1. If your child is a bus rider, have him/her ride the bus. This prevents confusion later.
- Student hours for K-5th grade: 8:45 AM- 2:55 PM.
- VPK 8:15 AM -2:25 PM PPK & Blended VPK 8:45 AM -2:55 PM
- VPK options include morning or full day. See or call Mrs. Kelly (DMT) for details at 727-724-1589 (x2007 or x 2003).
- Breakfast starts for K-5th grade at 8:15 AM, must drop off at car circle only.
- Breakfast ends promptly at 8:40 AM.
- VPK students eat breakfast in the classroom.
- Meal plans: Breakfast is free/Lunch is $2.25.
- Students welcomed to classroom at 8:40 AM, seated & ready to learn promptly at 8:45 AM. Students will be marked as tardy if they are not in their classroom by 8:45 AM.
- Bus circle & car circle procedures:
Kindergarten – 5th grade Arrival: In the morning, you may drop your children off as early as 8:15 AM using the Tampa Road entrance only. Students will be staged in the hallways behind the administration building until the first bell rings at 8:35 AM. All students are to be dropped off in front of the main building. We have safety patrols and adult supervision to unload cars along the entire sidewalk in front. There is no supervision of students by Building 6, so for safety, 1st grade students are not to be dropped off there. In the past we have occasionally had a backup in the morning, right turns will help with the safe flow of traffic when exiting the campus.
Kindergarten – 5th grade Dismissal: Our main goal is to load many children as safely and efficiently as possible by loading seven cars at a time. Again this year, because of the large number of car riders, we will have a second car line in the bus circle (entry off of Pennsylvania Avenue) for siblings of our Ozona PreK students, 3rd, 4th & 5th graders without siblings. Kindergarten – 2nd grade and families will be loaded in the front car circle (entry off of Tampa Road).
- The procedures for afternoon pickup are as follows:·
Tampa Road Dismissal: The first car will stop at the stop sign in the parking lot just before the main building with line forming along the right curb until all the children are staged at the main building. Pull up close behind the car in front of you. Students in 1st grade join all the other students in front of the main building for pickup – do not try to pick them up in front of the classroom (Building 6).
Please, do not arrive before 2:45 PM. [start of our line is very important – too early and we block traffic on Tampa Road]. With construction on Tampa Road, there will be more traffic and Sherriff’s presence. We ask for your help in not blocking traffic. Please note 15 mph school zone.
Pennsylvania Avenue Dismissal: You will not be permitted to enter the campus until all vans and buses have been loaded and driven away. We suggest that you not arrive before 3:05 PM. Please note 15 mph school zone. In the event that you arrive and our buses and vans are still present, you will need to wait in the church parking lot next to our
school. Parking on the side of the road is not allowed. We will call you in when we open the driveway. All the siblings of our Ozona PreK students, 3rd, 4th & 5th graders (without younger siblings) are staged outside the Multipurpose room. Do not arrive prior to 3:05 PM.
- PPK/VPK Arrival/Dismissal: Our PreK families will receive specific arrival and dismissal information during their PPK/VPK orientations.
Please consider making a right hand turn onto Tampa Road as you exit the parking lot. This will help keep the traffic moving to get all of our students home quickly and safely.
- YMCA is available for before & after care. (6:30 AM-6:00 PM) Located in the MPR/cafe’.
Registration & information at www.suncoastymca.org.
There is a 72 hour turnaround for registration. You must register prior to the start of school. You will not be able to register the first week of school.
- Teacher Assignment/Class lists: Will be posted in front office window Friday, Aug. 9th after 4:30 PM. You can also view teacher assignment in Focus on Friday, Aug. 9th.
- Please be sure you have a parent user name & password to access Focus. Our DMT, Mrs. Kelly can assist with this. You will need a valid driver’s license/photo ID.
- If your child will need to have prescription or over the counter (OTC) medication during school hours, it is important for you to visit the front office prior to school starting. Both prescription and OTC medications require additional paperwork to be completed by the parent and/or doctor. Prescription medication may ONLY be brought in by the parent and must be in the original prescription bottle.
- Please sign up for PTA: $6.50-for general membership.
$10.00-mid level membership includes an Ozona Elementary magnet.
$40.00-silent partner for those who want to give extra.
All memberships can be purchased on the memberhub site, https://ozonapta.memberhub.store/
PTA will accept cash/check, as well on Newcomers Orientation.
- Mark your calendars: Newcomer Orientation: August 12th 5:00-5:45 PM (Café/MPR)
- Pre K & Kindergarten Back to School Night: August 12th 6:00-7:00 PM (Classrooms)
- Gifted Back to School Night: September 5th 5:15 PM (Mrs. Knauff’s Room)
- Intermediate Back to School Night: 3rd, 4th & 5th: September 5th 6:00-7:00 PM (Classrooms)
- Primary Back to School Night: 1st, 2nd & ASD September 17th 6:00-7:00 PM (Classrooms)