Little Ospreys Fast Facts for 2019-2020
Little Ospreys Fast Facts for 2019-2020
· Mark your calendars: Newcomer Orientation: Monday, August 12th 5:00-5:45 PM (Café/MPR)
Pre K & Kindergarten Back to School Night: Monday, August 12th 6:00-7:00 PM (Classrooms)
Meet & Greet: Tuesday, August 13th 7:45 AM-9:00 AM (Classrooms)
1st Day of School: Wednesday, August 14th
· The Meet & Greet is a time for the students to visit their classrooms, meet their teacher(s), and drop off any school supplies. This is not a time for conferences. The teachers and staff will be very busy preparing for the opening of school so we ask all parents to adhere to our Meet & Greet times. Classrooms will not be open for visitations before 7:45 AM or after 9:00 AM.
· VPK hours: 8:15 AM - 2:25 PM
· PPK & Blended VPK hours: 8:45 AM - 2: 55 PM
· Important information, updates and school supply lists are located on school webpage: https://www.pcsb.org/ozona-es
· PreK teachers may have additional supplies requested at Back to School Night per classroom.
· We ask that PreK parents do NOT walk their children to their classrooms. This includes the first 3 days of school. Please follow car-line procedures. Students will stay with their class and teachers during the 15 minute arrival window. They will then enter the secured gate together and transition to the classrooms. This will ensure a smoother transition for the Little Ospreys as well as maintain the campus' safety and security.
· VPK options include morning or full day. See or call Mrs. Kelly (DMT) for details at 727-724-1589 (x2007 or x 2003).
· VPK students eat breakfast in the classroom.
· Meal plans: Breakfast is free/Lunch is $2.25. If you send money for lunch, please make sure it is clearly labeled in your child’s folder.
· Please be sure your child knows how he/she will be getting home from school each day! Start on day 1 the same way they’ll be going home every day. If your child is a bus rider, have him/her ride the bus. This prevents confusion later.
· Car circle procedures:
o Use the Little Ospreys entrance off Pennsylvania Avenue. We have safety patrols and teachers to unload cars along the entire sidewalk in front. Please stay in your car. This includes the first 3 days of school.
o Do not block Pennsylvania Avenue or the sidewalk while waiting in the carline. Once the line goes past the parking lot, cars should wait in the driveway in front of the original school building.
o For dismissal, make sure you have a car tag with child’s first and last name visible in the front windshield. These will be provided at Back to School night. Again, please stay in your car. Teachers will load students into their cars.
o VPK Arrival: You may drop your children off between 8:00-8:15 AM.
o PPK and Blended VPK Arrival: You may drop your children off between 8:30-8:45 AM.
o VPK Dismissal: Teachers will be loading students into their cars starting at 2:25. After 2:40, children will be brought to the front office for parents to sign out.
o PPK and Blended VPK Dismissal: Teachers will be loading students into their cars starting at 2:55. After 3:10, children will be brought to the front office for parents to sign out.
o Please be courteous of the times as there are two separate arrivals and dismissals, and your child’s teachers will only be at the carline during their designated times.
· There is a second car line in the bus circle (entry off of Pennsylvania Avenue) for siblings of PreK students.
· The procedures for Pennsylvania Avenue Dismissal: You will not be permitted to enter the campus until all vans and buses have been loaded and driven away. We suggest that you not arrive before 3:05 PM. Please note 15 mph school zone. In the event that you arrive and our buses and vans are still present, you will need to wait in the church parking lot next to our school. Parking on the side of the road is not allowed. We will call you in when we open the driveway. All the siblings of our Ozona PreK students, 3rd, 4th & 5th graders (without younger siblings) are staged outside the Multipurpose room. Do not arrive prior to 3:05 PM.
Please consider making a right hand turn onto Tampa Road as you exit the parking lot. This will help keep the traffic moving to get all of our students home quickly and safely.
· YMCA is available for before & after care. (6:30 AM-6:00 PM) Located in the MPR/cafe’. Registration & information at www.suncoastymca.org.
There is a 72 hour turnaround for registration. You must register prior to the start of school. You will not be able to register the first week of school.
· Teacher Assignment/Class lists: Will be posted in front office window Friday, Aug. 9th after 4:30 PM. You can also view teacher assignment in Focus on Friday, Aug. 9th.
· Please be sure you have a parent user name & password to access Focus. Our DMT, Mrs. Kelly, can assist with this. You will need a valid driver’s license/photo ID.
· If your child will need to have prescription or over the counter (OTC) medication during school hours, it is important for you to visit the front office prior to school starting. Both prescription and OTC medications require additional paperwork to be completed by the parent and/or doctor. Prescription medication may ONLY be brought in by the parent and must be in the original prescription bottle.
· Please sign up for PTA:
o $6.50-for general membership.
o $10.00-mid level membership includes an Ozona Elementary magnet.
o $40.00-silent partner for those who want to give extra. o All memberships can be purchased on the memberhub site, https://ozonapta.memberhub.store/
o PTA will accept cash/check, as well on Newcomers Orientation.