Important Resources for Pinellas County!
Important Resources for Pinellas County:
The Florida Department of Health (FDOH) has received 15 million reusable cloth masks to aid in decreasing the spread of COVID-19. These masks are for distribution in your community or other communities in the state of Florida. You may request as many as your agency can distribute. We encourage you to share this information with other organizations in your community as well as the concentric circle in which you move. This opportunity is available to any and all residents of Florida. Please share this information to as many agencies, churches, religious groups, fraternal and social clubs and other organizations as possible.
If you or any of your partners would like to access to these materials, please submit your request to Samantha Cooksey (Samantha.email@example.com) via email; and be sure to copy me: (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jana Shamburger (email@example.com) on your request. This will allow our Office to monitor referrals. Please note, all requests must include the following information in order to be processed:
- Name of Organization
- Person to Address Shipment to
- Mailing Address for delivery
- Quantity Needed
Mobile Food Pantries:
- 6/11 (11:00AM-1:00PM) Gethsemane MB Church, 2580 12th Ave South, Saint Petersburg, (Thursday and Friday each week)
- 6/11 (3:30PM-5:00PM) Johns Hopkins Middle School, 701 16th St S, St. Petersburg
- 6/11 (4:00PM-5:30PM) Northwest Presbyterian Church, 6330 54th Ave North, St Petersburg *FROZEN, REHEATABLE MEALS ONLY*
- 6/12 (10:00AM-12:00PM) High Point Neighborhood Family Center 5812 150th Ave. N. Clearwater
- 6/12 (10:00AM-12:00PM) Ruth Eckerd Hall 1111 N. McMullen Booth Rd Clearwater
- 6/12 (11:00AM-1:00PM) Gethsemane MB Church, 2580 12th Ave South, Saint Petersburg, (Thursday and Friday each week)
- 6/13 (7:30AM-9:00AM) Liberty Worship Center 403 1st Ave SW, Largo
- 6/13 (9:00AM-12:00 AM) Tropicana Field Lot 4, 17th Street South & 1st Avenue South, St. Petersburg
- 6/13 (11:00AM-12:30AM) Tangerine Plaza 1794 22nd St S, St. Petersburg
Dear Pinellas Resident,
Your feedback is needed this week about an important local relief program.
Thousands of individuals and small business owners have already applied for emergency financial relief through the Pinellas CARES programs. Pinellas County plans to open additional programs with funds from the County’s portion of the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The remainder of the County’s $170 million in CARES funds will be invested in programs that equitably support those who need the most help among nearly 1 million residents.
Your help is needed to identify the most pressing community needs that can be met with these limited federal funds.
Please take a few minutes to read about the program below then take a short survey to share what you think. You are also invited join an online community conversation at 5 p.m., on Friday, June 12, 2020, where you’ll have another chance to share your thoughts and hear what others are saying. Both sources of input will be considered along with the ability of the County and local partners to effectively use these funds to meet immediate needs related to COVID-19 within the constraints of the federal CARES guidelines.