January 3, 2022
Good evening TSHS Learning Community,
Happy New Year to all our students and families. We are excited to welcome 2022 and believe that our efforts will continue to persevere with our academic goals. Congratulations to TSHS!! Our 2021 Graduation Rate was confirmed by the Florida Department of Education at 97.7%. This rate is our highest rate earned!!! Way to go Spongers!!!
I would like to officially welcome Mr. Martin Guevara to our TSHS Family. Mr. Guevara is our new Assistant Principal who will be working with our 9th grade families. He previously served as an Assistant Principal at Boca Raton High School before relocating the Pinellas County. Welcome Mr. G!
As we settle into the start of semester 2, I wanted to provide several important elements to help us reset and refocus for the next 18 weeks ahead.
Student Expectations and Success Criteria
All students at TSHS are expected:
- To maintain an open mind and arrive at school each day ready to learn.
- To be respectful and courteous to all staff on campus.
- Seek make up work when absent from school.
- Participate in after school tutoring when extra support, encouragement and assistance with English, Math, Social Studies and Science.
- Report any incident of misconduct, bullying, harassment or incidences of self-harm to a trusted adult or use the Say Something Anonymous APP (saysomething.net)
- Refrain from use of tobacco or vape products on campus
- Refrain from use of drugs or alcohol on campus, athletic events or any school sponsored event.
- Use social media responsibly
- Respect their teachers, all classroom rules and classroom expectations.
- Adhere to the PCS Code of Student Conduct Dress Code
- Reminders: Hats are not permitted on campus during the day
- Midriff tops are not permitted as are spandex clothing without proper tops with the length below hips.
- Reminders regarding lunch on campus
- Students can eat wherever they choose during lunch – courtyards, mall areas or cafeteria.
- Students are not permitted leave campus for lunch to walk to the convenient store.
- 3rd party food deliveries from (Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, etc.) are not supported on campus at this time.
- Technology Support Family E-Learning Coaching Flyer (8).pdf
- COVID Testing Information - Evara PCS Rapid Testing - Jan 2022 Flyer.pdf
- Rotary of Tarpon Springs – the Sunset Chapter will be hosting a workshop on Human Trafficking Awareness at TSHS on Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 3 p.m. *All interested parents and families are welcome to attend this community event. Human Trafficking.docx
12th Grade Student Information – GRADUATION Information
- Cap and Gown orders are due and can be purchased through Balfour website – www.balfourfl.com
- Senior Fees are due by February 1 and can be purchased on the school’s website using the REVTRACK system.
Additional Student Reminders and Important Dates
- Homecoming Dance Ticket Sales will take place during lunch and after school in room 4202
- Single ticket - $25
- Couples ticket - $40
Mr. Sponger competition – informational meeting on Friday, Jan. 7 at lunch in room 4202.
- Homecoming Dance is scheduled for Friday, January 14 at Pappas/Spanos Community Center in TS.
- Semester 1 final grades will be entered in Focus by Friday, January 7. Report cards will be distributed the week of January 17.
Thank you for your continued support. Please contact the office if you have any questions or need, we are here to help our students and families.
Have a great evening,