Digital Learning Message 03.22.20
Good Afternoon Panther Families,
This is Melissa Athanson, Principal of Palm Harbor Middle calling with information regarding your student’s education. As you are aware, the school system is moving to a digital platform while we are in this pandemic crisis. Here are the key facts you need to be aware of:
- The week of the 23rd- 27th there are enrichment activities for the students to complete. This will give everyone an opportunity to become familiar with the Teams site.
- Students log into Teams through their CLEVER accounts – parents, students use this account everyday they are in school and they know how to access it.
- Teachers will begin to reach out to students through Teams starting on Wednesday. Each student will be required to log in and have their attendance taken on Wednesday.
- Regular classes will begin with student work and expectations starting on March 30th
- Teachers will provide assignments through TEAMS and offer different times throughout the day that they are available for live Chats, Live stream lessons, recorded lessons or for conference calls all available through TEAMS. Our basic hours of operation will be 8:30-3:30
All information you need regarding how to set up for free wifi, clever, etc is all posted on our school website. Click on the button that says enrichment choices.
Digital Devices: If your student currently uses a phone or a tablet to complete their school work they can continue to do so moving forward. If your child does not have access to a phone, tablet or computer of any kind we will be issuing laptops to them starting tomorrow. Please follow the schedule listed as much as possible for distribution and comply with the directions.
- Parents will pick up devices by going through our car loop. We need ALL persons to REMAIN in their car the entire time.
- You MUST have your student with you as they need to log into the device while on school grounds in order to access the domain.
- We will have a system set up for you to fill out a lease / property removal agreement while remaining in your car as we distribute the computers
- 6th grade: Last name A-M 9:00-10:00
- Last name N-Z 10:00 – 11:00
- 7th Grade: Last name A-M 11:00- 12:00
- Last name N-Z 12:00-1:00
- 8th Grade Last name A-M 1:00-2:00
- Last name N-Z 2:00-3:00
If you need to pick up your child’s musical instrument please do so at this time by parking in the visitor lot and entering through the side of the building where you will see the sign.
If your child was on the Track team please return the uniforms during this time to the persons in the car loop.
Our office hours will be from 8:30-3:30 Monday through Friday until further notice should you need us.