Required Summer Reading for our Gifted Program Students
Grade 6 - Choose one non-fiction and two fiction novels.
Grade 7 - The Giver by Lois Lowry
Grade 8 - The Diary of Anne Frank
Gifted students will also be reading the following novels during the school year:
- Prairie Lotus by Sue Park
- The Hound of the Baskerville by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream (No Fear Shakespeare version)
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Maus II by Art Spiegelman
- Hiroshima by John Hersey
Please purchase these books before the school year begins in August. All books are available through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Have a great summer!