Welcome to Pinellas County
Why Teach Music in Pinellas County Schools?
- Elementary general music offered in all schools
- Elementary music is staffed consistently and equitably across the district
- Band programs are offered in all middle and high schools
- Choral programs are offered in all middle and high schools
- Nationally recognized band and choral programs
- Orchestra is growing steadily and offered at select elementary, middle and high schools
- Guitar programs offered at most high schools and some middle schools throughout the district.
- Alternative ensembles, steel drums and percussion ensembles offered at many schools
- Music technology, composition, offered at many schools
- Highly successful annual all county events.
- Collegial Culture with Mentoring Support.
- Pinellas County Music Educators Association – Supportive, professional organization offering mentoring, help and support for all county events
- District-wide Professional Learning Community Meetings
- District-wide trainings
- Music programs enjoy tremendous support by district level administration and school board members.
- District Performing Arts Specialist, Technology Resource Teacher and Staff Developer available to support all music teachers.
- Pinellas Arts for a Complete Education Coalition, Florida Orchestra, Ruth Eckerd Hall, Mahaffey Theatre, Palladium Theatre are all strong partners with Pinellas County Schools Music Programs
- Passage of tax referendum that is providing $1.2 million dollars a year to enhance financial support of music programs. Funding is providing additional instruments, equipment, uniforms, music technology, building orchestra programs, and training