- Performing Arts
- Performing Arts Homepage
Referendum up for Renewal
The Referendum is up for renewal. Referendum funds boost reading, music and art programs; provide up-to-date technology and textbooks; and help recruit and retain quality teachers.
Community members and families recognize the importance of the Referendum. Pinellas County voters have supported the renewal of the half-mill property tax every four years since it was first approved in 2004. An independent committee oversees the distribution of funds to ensure that money is spent as voters intended.
- Helps recruit and retain quality teachers: Eighty percent of the Referendum revenue supplements teacher salaries. This year, each teacher receives a salary supplement of $5,231 as part of their base salary.
- Supports all students through new or expanded classroom libraries, additional supplies, increased training opportunities for teachers, and updated computers and technology.
- Funds intensive small-group literacy programs that help students read at grade level, instrument rental fees for students that can't afford them, and paid admission for field trips to museums and art galleries.
- Provides all schools with equitable funding for quality art supplies, equipment and technology that help students produce strong and award-winning works of art.
- Supplies music, theater and dance equipment, technology, sound systems, uniforms and materials that support award-winning performing arts programs.