- Performing Arts
- Performing Arts Homepage
Thank you for supporting public education in Pinellas County!
Pinellas County Schools Referendum won overwhelming support in the November 2020 election. Nearly 80 percent of voters chose to renew the Referendum, the largest margin since it was first approved in 2004.
Community members and families recognize the importance of the Referendum. Pinellas County voters have supported the renewal of the half-mill property tax every four years since it was first approved in 2004. An independent committee oversees the distribution of funds to ensure that money is spent as voters intended.
- Helps recruit and retain quality teachers: Eighty percent of the Referendum revenue supplements teacher salaries. This year, each teacher receives a salary supplement of $5,231 as part of their base salary.
- Supports all students through new or expanded classroom libraries, additional supplies, increased training opportunities for teachers, and updated computers and technology.
- Funds intensive small-group literacy programs that help students read at grade level, instrument rental fees for students that can't afford them, and paid admission for field trips to museums and art galleries.
- Provides all schools with equitable funding for quality art supplies, equipment and technology that help students produce strong and award-winning works of art.
- Supplies music, theater and dance equipment, technology, sound systems, uniforms and materials that support award-winning performing arts programs.