OHS Swim & Dive Information 2019-2020
OHS Swim & Dive
Practices will be held Monday through Friday from 4:00 to 6:00PM at the Seminole H.S. pool on 86th Ave. N.
The first day of practice will be Monday, July 29th.
Regular season ends around end of October.
- Copy of birth certificate
- School insurance (not available until beginning of July)
- Completed athletic packet (available end of May/beginning of June)
- Update physical (physical paper to be filled out is in the athletic packet)
Please go to http://ohsswimanddive.weebly.com and fill out information to receive more information about OHS Swim/Dive team.
To receive messages about the swim team via text, text @ohsswimdiv to 81010.
- Experience needed?
- Should be able to complete a 200 yard IM legally.
- Athletes are responsible for their own transportation to and from all practices and meets
- Parental Involvement?
- Swimming/Diving is a higher parental involvement sport. To run our dual meets we need at least 25 parents each time – so please register as a volunteer (this must be done each school year)
- Where to swim/dive over summer? (most programs start in early April)
- Bardmoor Aquatic Team (BAT) at Bardmoor in Largo – swim only
- West Florida Aquatic Team (WFLA) at Southwest Rec Center in Largo – swim/dive
- Clearwater Aquatic Team (CAT) at Long Center in Clearwater – both swim/dive
- Pete Aquatic Team (SPA) at Northshore Pool in St. Pete – swimming only
- SPA Summer – many city pools including Northeast High School (swim/dive); Walter Fuller (swim/dive); Northwest Rec (swim)
- Palm Harbor YMCA (PYP) at Palm Harbor YMCA in Palm Harbor – swim only
- Most city pools and country clubs that have 25 yard pools offer summer swimming or a high school conditioning group.
- Clearwater High School has a program called RAD running out of it with both swimming and diving.