Weekly Message for the Week of 10-25-2020
Good evening Green Devil Families,
Here is your October 25th weekly update for school events and information:
*Reminder that tomorrow, October 26th is a Professional Development day for our faculty and staff. School is closed for students.
*We are excited to welcome back many of our MyPCS Online students to Face to Face learning for the second quarter. We ask that all students please make sure to log into Focus on Monday, October 26th to check their schedules as we have had to make some changes to our master schedule in order to accommodate all of these requests.
* Parents, please continue to be vigilant in monitoring your student for symptoms of Covid19, and do not send your student to school if he or she is not feeling well. We also ask that you please be mindful of the interactions students are having when not at school. More information about self-screenings that should be conducted prior to entering our campus can be found at https://www.pcsb.org/Page/33484
* Our next PTSA meeting (Parent Teacher Student Association) will take place on Tuesday, October 27th at 6:00PM via ZOOM. Everyone is welcome to attend. If you would like the link to this ZOOM meeting, please email Betty Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Tryouts for boys’ basketball will be taking place Monday, November 2nd through Wednesday, November 4th from 5-7:30PM. . All participation paperwork must be completed prior to tryouts. Please email Coach Blackwell at email@example.com with any questions.
*Girls’ basketball tryouts will be held this week (Monday, 10/26 through Thursday, 10/29) at 4:30pm in the gym. All paperwork must be completed before you can try out. Please contact Coach Reed with any questions at Reedsar@pcsb.org .
* Any student who is interested in trying out for Basketball Cheer- please visit the SPHS website and look under “spotlight” on the home page. All necessary information is posted there. Email Mrs. Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
*Homecoming Week for 2020 will take place October 27th through the 30th culminating with our Homecoming game on Friday, 10/30 against Northeast HS.
Homecoming Week Dress Up days are as follows:
Monday, 10/26- NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, 10/27- Tacky Tourist Day (Dress in your best Hawaiian shirts and sandals!)
Wednesday, 10/28- Generation Day (Freshmen- Babies, Sophomores- Toddlers, Juniors- Adults, Seniors-Senior Citizens)
Thursday, 10/29- Flock Day (Grab your friends and dress alike- flock with as many as you would like!)
Friday, 10/30- Green and White Day (Show your Green Devil Pride!)
We encourage our MyPCS Online students to dress up at home and submit photos to the yearbook at email@example.com !
*We are continuing to administer the FSA Writing/Reading tests. Juniors should be checking in CANVAS for the daily lists of students who are scheduled to test. Testing for FSA Writing/Reading will continue through the end of the first semester.
IMPORTANT DATES AT A GLANCE:
- Ongoing Sem 1 FSA Writing/Reading testing for juniors/seniors to meet graduation requirement
- Oct. 27 SAT for all 12th graders who need a concordant score
- Oct. 30 PSAT for all F2F 9th graders
That is all for this week’s update, have a great Green Devil evening!