Week of Nov 30, 2020
Theme for the school year: All Means All
Quote for the school year: “The strength of the team is each member. The strength of each member is the team.” - Phil Jackson
WEEK OF NOVEMBER 30th
Happy Sunday Bear Creek Families,
I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends.
Please see calendar of events for the month of November
Calendar of Events
11/30 – Bear Creek Reads featuring Ms. Lynch (Occupational Therapists) @ 6pm on DOJO
12/ 4 – Jeans Day
12/7 – Bear Creek Reads featuring Ms. Mellon @ 6pm on DOJO
12/ 11 – BUCS Spirit Day
12/14 – 12/18 – Bear Creek Spirit Week (daily themes forthcoming)
12/14 – Bear Creek Reads featuring Mrs. Matacchiero @ 6pm on DOJO
12/18 – End of Semester 1 and Grading Period 2
12/22-1/4 – Winter Break (PCS Closed)
Attention Parents: Our Winter Fundraiser is set to begin on November 2nd! Bear Creek’s Virtual Holiday Shop is the perfect way for families to enjoy the gift of giving while giving back to our school. Please look on our school website and Class Dojo for more information of how you can support our school.
REMINDERS and UPDATES
YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT IS NEEDED
As we continue to navigate our current reality, I would like for us all to keep the safety and wellness of Bear Creek Elementary as our main priority. Before sending your child to school each day you are to assess your child’s wellness with the following questions:
- Has your student experienced any of these symptoms, not associated with previously diagnosed conditions, in the past 72 hours:
- Fever greater than 100.4/chills
- Cough/shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Experienced multiple symptoms
- In the last 14 days, has your child:
- been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19;
- been placed on quarantine for possible contact with COVID-19;
- traveled abroad or to an area of the country where it is recommended that they self-quarantine;
- had a COVID-19 test pending
If your child is experiencing any of these symptoms or conditions, it is extremely important that they not enter the school building and you should contact their healthcare provider.
All PCS staff, students or visitors entering a school board building are required to affirm their wellness by answering the questions above.
BEAR CREEK MITIGATION STRATEGIES
Face covering/mask must always be worn while on campus
Daily wellness screenings
Only one adult/family will be permitted to enter the front office lobby at a time
Appointments are required for the following:
-Finalize student registration (now available online – please see directions below)
-Medication drop-off to the clinic (Please DO NOT send medications with students)
-Device Pick-up for My PCS Online families
-Meeting/conference with staff
Routine cleaning and daily sanitizing
Practice social distancing (to the greatest extent possible)
Thank you for being a member of the TEAM.
Hello Bear Creek Families,
Toys for Tots has opened its enrollment for this year’s holiday season. If your child is 12 years of age or younger by Christmas Day, on free or reduced lunch, and lives in Pinellas County they are eligible to receive at least one toy from this organization. If you are interested – please sign up as soon as possible. Slots fill up very quickly, but if you apply now you should be OK.
Here are the steps:
- Apply to Toys for Tots by going to https://t4tpinellas.ptaptsa.org/pre-registration
- Fill out the online form.
- Look for the email confirmation.
- On or around Dec. 11th, look for an email that you must acknowledge to stay on the list.
- Look for confirmation email with a date, time, and code that you need to bring to the toy distribution site.
- Check your status by going back to the site and entering your email.
- Pick up the toy(s) at the designated time.
- Have a Merry Christmas!!
My PCS Online Parent/Family Information
This link is the one-stop shop for all My PCS online resources. Parents can view videos and participate in training to navigate the online platform.