Congratulations to the City of Clearwater! Clearwater High School nominated the City of Clearwater as our Pinellas Educaton Foundation Business Partner of the year! The City of Clearwater was named a finalist in the Large Business Category (one of three)! Way to go! Clearwater High School is fortunate to have a great working relationship with the City of Clearwater! Many thanks!
• Six students received the AICE Cambridge Outstanding
Learner Award for exceptional results in their Cambridge
Girl's Varsity Basketball - District Champions
• Boy’s Varsity Football - District Champions
• Girl’s Varsity Volley Ball - District Champions
• Boy’s Golf Team - Regional Qualifiers
• Girl’s Golf Team – Regional Qualifiers
• Girls Cross Country – 1 State Qualifier (ranked 20th in the State)
• Boy’s Cross Country – 1 State Qualifier
• Girl’s Swim Team – 1 State Champion
• Girl’s Swim Team – Ranked 6th in the State
• Girl’s Varsity Basketball – 1st Place at the Indian Rocks Christian Holiday Tournament
• Boy’s Varsity Wrestling – 1st and 3rd place at the Eastlake Invitational
• JROTC – District Champions
• Clearwater Drama Department - 1Critic’s Choice, 1 Honorable mention, 13 Superior and 9 Excellent ratings at our District Competition
• Clearwater Marching Band and Color guard – First Place at the Wiregrass Ranch FMBC Regional competition and also won best music, best color guard, best visual and best effect. They also brought home the first runner award up overall trophy for group 1A, 2A and 3A.
• FORD NGL Model School
• Model School Designation from ICLE
• Melinda Gates Grant Recipient for Personalized Learning
• Five Star School award for community Involvement for 15 years
• SACS Accreditation Status – Centennial Member
• Over 300 students were awarded the opportunity to go and see Star Wars: The Force Awakens on December 18, 2015 on opening day for reading outside of the school day during our second quarter reading initiative!
2013-2014 = 82%
2014-2015 = 87%
A 5% gain!
Passing Scores in Accelerated Curricula:
AP & AICE 2013-2014= 244
AP & AICE 2014-2015 = 370
Dual Enrollment 2013-2014= 122
Dual Enrollment 2014-2015= 183
An increase of at least 187!
Enrollment in Accelerated Curricula (AICE, AP, & Dual Enrollment):
2013-2014 = 837
An increase of 456 students!
2013-2014 = 657 earned, with 114 on the CAPE list
2014-2015 = 948 earned, with 126 on the CAPE list
An increase of 291!
Learning Gains in the L25:
2013-2014: 60 %
2014-2015: 67 %
A 7% gain!
Congratulations to our Varstity Football Team!
Congratulations to Mr. Larson and the members of our CHS Swim team!
The girls swim team finished 6th overall in the state,
and a first place CHAMPION!!! Way to go!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR LADY TORNADO VARSITY VOLLEYBALL TEAM!
DISTRICT CHAMPIONS 2015!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR CROSS COUNTRY GIRLS TEAM!
3RD AT DISTRICTS, AND HAVE QUALIFIED FOR REGIONALS!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR JORDYN AVERS, OUR INDIVIDUAL CROSS COUNTRY DISTRICT CHAMPION!
AND, 20th in the STATE! GO CHS!
On Wednesday, August 26, 2015, Clearwater High School was recognized by the Career Education Board at the Superintendent’s Roundtable! Our Career Academy of International Culture and Commerce has been recognized as an “Academy of Distinction”! In Dr. Grego’s report to the Pinellas Education Foundation, he congratulated Clearwater High School for being recognized as a Model School by the International Center for Leadership in Education, and for receiving an award last year from the National Career Academy Coalition. Thanks for your continued support of the academy model, we would not be where we are without your continued support!!
Way to go Clearwater High School!
Congratulations Clearwater High School for winning the 1st Annual Clearwater Bowl as part of the Clearwater Centennial Celebration!
Clearwater defeated Countryside 35 to 7!
Mayor Cretekos presented a trophy to the Tornadoes at the end of the game! We had a huge crowd, and it was fun for all!
Make sure you are in compliance with our modified student uniform Dress Code;
CONGRATULATIONS CLEARWATER HIGH SCHOOL!
For the second year in a row, Clearwater High School has been recognized as a Model School by The International Center for Leadership in Education (ICLE). Hundreds of schools apply, and only approximately twenty-five of the nation’s highest performing and rapidly improving schools are accepted as models.
As a result of this recognition, Clearwater High School had the opportunity to present several sessions on their school in June at the Model Schools Conference in Atlanta, Georgia!
Clearwater High School is the first and only school in the Tampa Bay Area to receive this distinction! Clearwater High School is being recognized for the way we continue to raise rigor and relevance for our students by utilizing a personalized learning approach within a Wall-to-Wall Academy Model with industry certifications options for our students. Their program truly prepares our students to be college and career ready!
Like us on Facebook at
for important updates and information!
100 % Student Success
The mission of Clearwater High School is to build relationships that will allow us to provide a rigorous educational process which gives students the relevant information and skills needed to prepare them for college and carrier pathways that will truly develop a foundation for life that enables and challenges them to be successful in a global and multicultural society.