Top 10 things to do this summer
BY RACHEL BROWN
SNN Staff Writer
SNN Staff Writer
• Hyppo Ice Pops- If you’re looking for a great way to cool down, go to the Hyppo Gourmet Popsicle shop in downtown St. Petersburg. They’ve got many unique flavors to choose from. Examples are Blackberry Goat Cheesecake, Chocolate Sea Salt and Pineapple Ginger. They’re open every day of the week at 11 in the morning. 627 Central Ave, St. Petersburg.
• Showtime Speedway- If you have the need for speed, go check out Showtime Speed on 4550 Ulmerton Road, Clearwater, FL 33762. They’re open every Saturday. Racing starts at 7 p.m. and gates open at 5 p.m. General Admission is $15 and Pit Passes are $30. For more information, go to showtimespeedway.us or call (727) 561-9646.
• Take a road trip with some friends- Even if you just go to Orlando, take a different route instead of the Interstate. Be adventurous and take some back roads and see what amazing things you can find.
• Spongeorama- Visit the world famous Spongeorama’s Sponge Factory and learn about the rich history of Tarpon Springs, the Sponge Docks and the sponge industry. spongeorama.com
• Don Garlits Drag Racing Museum - Check out the history of drag racing, restoration and preservation of historical vehicles. The museum is at 13700 SW 16th Ave., Ocala. To find out prices, go garlits.com
• Yoga at Sunken Gardens¬ - Take a relaxing day with friends and do some yoga at Sunken Gardens. Mondays and Wednesdays, 10:30-11:45 a.m., and Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. to noon. 1825 Fourth St. N, St Petersburg. Admission is $10.
• Crystal River - Crystal River is another great river to go to when you want to cool down. There’s a lot of places to go canoeing and just have fun with friends.
• Rainbow River- Instead of going to the beach and cooling off, go to the beautiful Rainbow River in Ocala. You can swim with the manatees, kayak and go tubing. Its pure fun and excitement.
• Wagon Wheel Flea Market – Whenever you feel like getting up early on a Saturday morning, hit up the flea market at 7801 Park Blvd N, Pinellas Park, FL 33781. You can find amazing things for you and your family at amazingly cheap prices. Get some food and just walk around and look at cool things.
• Treeumph - Treeumph is an outdoor zip line and obstacle course. There are five progressive courses with wobbly bridges, hanging nets, swinging logs, foot bridges, Tarzan ropes, zip lines and more. The park is more than 10 football fields in size. To book your day, go to treeumph.com. (See story above.)