Competitive Robotics Class
Do you like to build, or program robots? If so, the Robotics Team is looking for you to join the 8th Grade Competitive Robotics Class. Only incoming 8th graders can apply. This class will cover the 8th grade engineering content, along with building a robot for next year's challenge--In the Zone. Practice and builds will occur during class time. Competitions will be approximately 5 Saturdays during the Months of Nov - Jan. If you are interested please get an application from Ms. Boland, Mr. Stewart, or from the front office. Applications, and teacher recommendations must be turned in by May 9th.
ELMS Academy of Engineering
East Lake Middle School Academy of Engineering offers rigorous academic courses based upon the Project Lead The Way (PLTW) - Gateway To Technology (GTT) program. The knowledge students gain and the skills they build from the PLTW - GTT program will create a strong foundation in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM), encouraging their success in future academic endeavors.
Our Academy of Engineering
- Strengthens the core curriculum (English, science, social studies, math)
- Offers a pre-engineering, technical career-based and High School preparatory program.
- Creates a dynamic partnership between the local community, industry and East Lake or any other PCS High School.
High Student Expectations
- Understand technology as a tool for problem solving.
- Understand the scientific process, engineering problem solving and the application of technology, engineering programs and technical careers.
- Understanding technological systems as they interface with other systems.
- Use of mathematics principles in their application to problem solving.
- Communicate effectively using reading,writing, listening and speaking skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to be creative, leading to innovation. Innovation drives our economy.
- Develop critical thinking skills
We will be the best Middle School in the state!
- East Lake Middle School Academy of Engineering will prepare students to be
college and career ready and have the skills to compete in a global
- 100% Student Success
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Be a Problem-Solver
- Be Positive
- East Lake Middle School Academy of Engineering will prepare students to be college and career ready and have the skills to compete in a global society.