East Lake Middle School
Address: 1200 Silver Eagle Drive, Tarpon Springs, FL 34688
Pinellas County Schools Administration: (727) 588-6000
Principal: Ms Huzar
Counselor: Ms. Chichester
School Hours: 7:25 am – 1:55 pm
Our Mission: East Lake Middle School Academy of Engineering will prepare students to be college and career ready and have the skills to compete in a global society.
East Lake Middle School Academy of Engineering offers rigorous academic courses based upon the Project Lead The Way (PLTW) - Gateway To Technology (GTT) program. The knowledge students gain and the skills they build from the PLTW - GTT program will create a strong foundation in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM), encouraging their success in future academic endeavors.
Our Academy of Engineering
- Strengthens the core curriculum (English, science, social studies, math)
- Offers a pre-engineering, technical career-based and High School preparatory program.
- Creates a dynamic partnership between the local community, industry and East Lake or any other PCS High School.
High Student Expectations
- Understand technology as a tool for problem solving.
- Understand the scientific process, engineering problem solving and the application of technology, engineering programs and technical careers.
- Understanding technological systems as they interface with other systems.
- Use of mathematics principles in their application to problem solving.
- Communicate effectively using reading,writing, listening and speaking skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to be creative, leading to innovation. Innovation drives our economy.