GED and Adult Basic Education
ABE-GED-AAAE @ PTC
Our mission is to prepare students for academic, technical, and personal success.
Our staff strives to inspire and motivate students to become
productive, self-sufficient members of society.
Pinellas Technical College offers GED and Adult Basic Education at both of its campuses, as well as GED Online - and we have an award-winning ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) program on our Clearwater campus.
PTC's adult education programs offer self-paced learning centers with a staff of experienced instructors and the following classes:
- Adult Basic Education (ABE)
- Applied Academics for Adult Education (AAAE) - in class or online
- GED Preparation - in class or GED Online
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) - Clearwater campus, ONLY
- Choose a career from the many programs offered by Pinellas Technical College, OR get your GED. See a guidance counselor for assistance.
- Take the TABE test - make sure to bring a photo ID (required) and dress according to PCSB dress code when you come to test; arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled testing time. For the TABE test schedule and locations, please click here.
- You will receive your test results as soon as you finish testing!
- And individualized plan of study will be created for you, to help you meet your goals - there are both day and evening, self-paced classes that will fit into your busy schedule.
- It's really pretty simple ... all you need to do is get started!
Day and evening classes are available, attendance is flexible, and the curriculum is tailored to fit your needs.
8:00a - 1:30p, M - F
4:00p - 7:00p, Tue
The cost per term is $45. In addition, a $5 fee for an identification badge will be required of all students, and there may be an additional $5 fee for parking (if applicable).
For more information about our ABE-GED programs, contact PTC - St. Petersburg campus:
727.893.2500 ext 2563
Please bear with us as we update our ABE-GED brochures - Thank you for your patience!